The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Remove mouse-mat. If you've got an optical mouse, you should be fine.

No idea if it's normal or not!
Reply 2
when its hot my arm will get a bit rought and sore, i find that it my just be the surface youre arms resting on, try using youre mouse minus thoe mat for a bit, might help stop youre hand rubbing on things

EDIT: Just noticed Jayks answer.... see great minds think alike....
Reply 3
Thanks for the quick responses. I have a normal mouse but I'll give it a go without the mat. Thanks
rofl ive got an area on the botto,, of my wrist where my skin has hardened up due to my mouse mat. A true pro gamer.

Talking about gmaing injuries one time i was in a clanwar in CS and i was waiting for the next round, decided to bite my nail and my tooth broke.
Reply 5
Talking about gmaing injuries one time i was in a clanwar in CS and i was waiting for the next round, decided to bite my nail and my tooth broke.

Hardcore gaming injury!
personally im working on my broadcasters tan!
Reply 6
Theres a sharp point on my desk that my mouse mat covers. After a few rounds in bf2, the mat rides up, an the corner of my palm gets stabbed. Its kinda grown into a callus now.
Reply 7
I get that sometimes too (I have a rubber mousemat which probably doesn't help a great deal!). Usually I just move my hand so it's off the mousemat but still controlling the mouse. Most of the time I'm too absorbed playing to really notice!
Speaking of injuries, I broke my little finger the other week. A pretty inconsequential injury you might think, but I've had to have half my hand put in a cast as well as my arm below the elbow. So I can't play PC games for three weeks :frown: I can play DS and consoles but only for a little while before it starts to ache. Woe is me!
Reply 8
Airel
Theres a sharp point on my desk that my mouse mat covers. After a few rounds in bf2, the mat rides up, an the corner of my palm gets stabbed. Its kinda grown into a callus now.

Lol im glad to hear i'm not the only one getting hurt by BF2! My elbows go a little crazy crazy on the side of my desk when my squad leader is in need of a shockpaddle.

Reply 9
Wow, the self sacrifice of gamers is so honourable :smile:

Did anyone else hear about the Korean kid who died from exhaustion from playing WoW?
Reply 10
UniOfLife
Wow, the self sacrifice of gamers is so honourable :smile:

Did anyone else hear about the Korean kid who died from exhaustion from playing WoW?

TUT! He probably did what Jeremy from Pure Pwnage did and thought that his spirit regen was so high he didnt need to eat or drink *giggle*
We're u joking by the way? Because if you weren't my response so wasn't in the slightest bit funny....

It is indeed true, has happened more than once I think.
Reply 12
he wasnt joking, there was also the parents who popped to an internet cafe to play WoW, and there child was at home and suffocated or some such. Annoys me to hell, going to those extremes. Hurting my wrist for a game, is just funny. but some people get too addicted....
Reply 13
Alamothih
he wasnt joking, there was also the parents who popped to an internet cafe to play WoW, and there child was at home and suffocated or some such. Annoys me to hell, going to those extremes. Hurting my wrist for a game, is just funny. but some people get too addicted....

Awww....thats insane...never knew :frown:

Reply 14
As others have said - I wasn't joking.

I really think that with MMORPGs the companies could and should do something. How hard would it be to give a warning to a player who has been logged on for 6 hours? Or to force-kick (and a few hours temporary ban on) a player who's been logged on for 12 or 18 hours straight?

EDIT: Here's a link to the story (I think). It was actually Starcraft and he was 28! http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/low/technology/4137782.stm
wanderful
Reply 16
There's been a few cases unfortunately. PC Gamer ran a short article on it a few months back. Usually MMOs but I think someone died after a really long Diablo session. I find it crazy, I mean I've been addicted to games before but I doubt I've ever played more than 6 hours straight. Imagine playing a game so long you get dehydrated, or your muscles atrophy (don't know if that's the right term). I agree with UoL, developers can't just ignore this.
Reply 17
Plus all the mental injuries that come from items getting stolen. Notable mentions:

Diablo 2 stealing is everywhere
Chinese kid arrested for stealing in Lineage 2
Korean kid beaten up for stealing
The Cloudsong in DaoC

I don't really play MMO's, but some of my friends do.

TUT! He probably did what Jeremy from Pure Pwnage did and thought that his spirit regen was so high he didnt need to eat or drink *giggle*

Sometimes when I've played a game for ages, I start to think about it in real life. So do a lot of people. Like, imagining things in isometric view, thinking of using CTRL+F when looking in a book, pressing tab for third person, and such. Does this happen to anyone else?
I think the longest i ever played with no break is probably about 5 hours.

EDIT: i have sometimes wished i could just use CTRL-F looking through a book, but never thought i could actually do it.
Reply 19
Airel

Sometimes when I've played a game for ages, I start to think about it in real life. So do a lot of people. Like, imagining things in isometric view, thinking of using CTRL+F when looking in a book, pressing tab for third person, and such. Does this happen to anyone else?

Hehe yeah.
Rusty barrels = good cover :biggrin:

Latest