The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Yeh I do actually for one game.

At my sixth form, lots of people, including myself, played a game called Helbreath (it's a MMORPG) and I always used to listen to Foo fighters whilst playing it and now whenever I hear some old foo fighters tracks, it will instantly remind me of that game.

It's probably because we played it pretty much solid for a year and it is now engraved in my memory. I'm sure if WoW existed back then, it would have been that we would have been playing instead.
Reply 61
I usually just listen to whatever music is in the game, so I don't often get that. However, there are some '80s hits that I will always associate with Vice City. I remember listening to all of Flash FM probably twice over while doing the Brown Thunder Vigilante missions.. so now whenever I hear "Out of Touch" I think of firing missiles from the Hunter above Vice Port :biggrin:
I listen to my own music in San Andreas, but since I just dump most of my own collection in the folder there aren't any particular songs I associate with it. Ooh, although I did have The Postal Service album on there for a couple of weeks last year, so that album always reminds me of San Fierro now.
Reply 62
UniOfLife
Well if we're in the sphere of gaming's effects on the mental process. Do people play computer games with music on in the background and from then on associate that music with that computer game? Or is that just me?

well its not a game, but alien ant farm = his dark materials trilogy for me
Reply 63
Anything by Hideki Naganuma temporarily distorts my understanding of physics. Especially Concept of Love.
In fact, I think I'll play that right now. I probably wasn't about to use Newton's second law any time soon anyway.
UniOfLife
Well if we're in the sphere of gaming's effects on the mental process. Do people play computer games with music on in the background and from then on associate that music with that computer game? Or is that just me?

Always associate some music with a game if I play the two together, then when I hear it again I'm just playing through the game in my head. Does happen with books as well.
Reply 65

ha! thats so true i remember one christmas playing starfox adventures while listening to songs for the deaf by queens of the stone age, now whenever i hear first they giveth it reminds me of SFA
Reply 66
I dropped the 360 power BRICK on my foot last week. ouch.
Reply 67
Morgoth
ha! thats so true i remember one christmas playing starfox adventures while listening to songs for the deaf by queens of the stone age, now whenever i hear first they giveth it reminds me of SFA

...then it taketh away

most moshable song ever. ****ing love qotsa
Reply 68
...then it taketh away

most moshable song ever. ****ing love qotsa

you know damn right!

passed my test got my car, first thing i did got out my qotsa album and put on go with the flow. loved it

and i didnt say LOL once!
Reply 69
Any good gamer know you have to play with a high mouse sensitivity and use your skill to make precise movements with. This saves your risks and forces you to improve your micro. Playing with it less sensitive might be easier but will destroy your joint in the long run. I never have to move my mouse further than my wrist is comfortable with :biggrin:
Reply 70
alexjc
Any good gamer know you have to play with a high mouse sensitivity and use your skill to make precise movements with. This saves your risks and forces you to improve your micro. Playing with it less sensitive might be easier but will destroy your joint in the long run. I never have to move my mouse further than my wrist is comfortable with :biggrin:

Good thought. But I'm sure I read somewhere that smaller movements increase the risk of RSI. I'll see if I can find that anywhere. Thanks though for the tip. :smile:

What no brain? :rolleyes:

Movement from the wrist is much better than movement from the shoulder as far as RSI goes, you should relax your shoulder as much as possible and use small movements of the wrist. Also big movements make you look silly. :p:
Reply 73
I had a massive circular button blister on my thumb after doing an endurance race on gran turismo like 5 times to try and get the indy car.

i recently whacked my finger on my friends light when i was trying out his wii, that hurt.

Latest