The Student Room Group
I dont think it sounds too much at all. If you consider that you wont have to learn anything new for the first one, then the 2 advanced and a higher isnt too much. I dont know much about modern studies though, didnt get the chance to do that at our school.

In 5th year I took a crash higher and after the first couple weeks didnt find it much harder than my other 4 highers (maths english chemistry and info systems) and got an A in it so you should be ok there :smile:
Reply 2
Sounds okay; and if it does turn out to be hard-going, just drop subjects as appropriate...:smile:
Reply 3
I'm glad people are saying that! People in my school are saying it's going to be impossible.... But all is good! More opinions would be good too!
Reply 4
well, AH french isn't that much work, well not compared to other AHs. AH history supposedly is.
I did 2 AHs and 2 Hs last year and didn't find it too much work.

Mind you I managed 4 highers and an AH in 5th year without too much difficulty (AH was in french)
Reply 5
for modern studies make sure you know the topic your going to cover. Lots of people in my year are crashing it and their doing china and most people hate it. The class has halved in the 4 weeks before summer.
never take modern studies.
Reply 7
Artemidoros
never take modern studies.

Why?!? Oh dear....We are doing China, btw.
My school has always done China and it seemed to go down very well. Then again, I never took Modern Studies. Intellectuals take history.
J'en ai marre
Intellectuals take history.

:p: That will be me then
Reply 10
Stay organised. I did three Advanced Highers, ****ed about till December, almost died working until the end of May.
Reply 11
i managed it, i did AH bio, AH chem, crash higher history, and a retake of higher english, and i was fine even though i wasnt taught my AHs! go for it!
Reply 12
That's fine!
2 AHS and 2 Highers is easy enough. Especially seeing as one is a resit.

Higher modern studies is pretty easy.. a lot of people crashed it last year and many gots As and Bs.
I found it quite interesting. Just make sure you get the essay writing technique right.
Reply 13
I don't think it's too much ^_^
Reply 14
If I were you I'd take the 2 AHs & the maths resit, and forget about the crash Higher - I'm not saying it's not possible to do it too, but both of your AHs require dissertations, so you'll need to factor in a lot of independent study :redface: Good Luck.
i took 3 AH's and a H and found the course work fine.
but i still wish i hadnt taken AH maths. got a B in it, but i had to travel to another school to do it, and i didnt enjoy it anyways. i guess it just depends on how hard ur willing to work. investigation/dissertation time is the worst ever and if u dont have the motivation u could fall behind in your other subjects.
if u enjoy the subjects i dont think AH are that much harder than highers. i actually got a better grade in AH chem than i did at higher
MS is easy, you know the stuff for Maths.. yeah, you should be fine.

Latest

Trending

Trending