The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

acer3000
ok im going uni this year and living in accomodation. I was wondering how long before:

you walk around in just your boxers and t-shirt? (about a month in)

Before you start playing Boy George - "Do you really want to hurt me"
(mabye the 2nd year when your living in the same house and are legally binded by contract)

feel free to add your own

In halls my boyfriend was the only one who didn't wander around and answer the door in just boxers and sometimes just a towel. Play whatever music you like, just not too loudly. Girls make sure you have pyjamas cos if you living in mixed halls by the end of the year, you will have boys raiding you kitchen and jumping on/in your bed.
Halls are great, they will yeild some classic moments from personal experience such as 'Urgh, Gummy, you pissed on my arm!' that was a circle on my boyfriends floor, so so funny.
Reply 21
Persuasion
This is a funny thread.

Why does everyone seem to have a sudden fascination with the power of a microwave...?

because you can actually do an amazing amount with a microwave

set the fire alarm off? defo in the first week, and someone else will do it on the first day :s-smilie:
a>) ...before you get into next doors pants?

b>) ...the length of time it takes for you to speak again (usually, the shorter the length of the answer to question a, the longer the length of time the answer to this question will be...given that "v.early" will probably mean alchohol-induced and therefore lots of awkwardness will follow...
Reply 23
how long before you show your roomies your 550 Pokemon card collection all in mint condtion in dust proof sealed bags ;smartass;

(my couse is only 4years long, so i guess they will never know lol)
Reply 24
jaydoh
a>) ...before you get into next doors pants?

Don't sleep with any of your flatmates... think of the awkwardness. Better awkward moments are where you sleep with a randomer then have to sit opposite them in a seminar trying to avoid eye contact :eek:
Reply 25
hippieglitter
Girls make sure you have pyjamas cos if you living in mixed halls by the end of the year, you will have boys raiding you kitchen and jumping on/in your bed.
QUOTE]

You mean from other flats? :eek: I'll be sure to keep my door locked.. :cool:
Reply 26
i think if an urge is there and your drunk you wont be worrying about awkwardness the next day,

how long before your housmates hate you because they realise an appropriate time to go to bed after a night out is 1pm the next day
Proton Boy
Don't sleep with any of your flatmates... think of the awkwardness. Better awkward moments are where you sleep with a randomer then have to sit opposite them in a seminar trying to avoid eye contact :eek:

I slept with a flatmate, he then managed to avoid me for six weeks despite living just downstairs from me, he is now my long term boyfriend.
[QUOTE="tRG"]
hippieglitter
Girls make sure you have pyjamas cos if you living in mixed halls by the end of the year, you will have boys raiding you kitchen and jumping on/in your bed.
QUOTE]

You mean from other flats? :eek: I'll be sure to keep my door locked.. :cool:

No, not usually from other flats but the ones you live with, you tend to know them quite well by then but i still wouldn't wanna be naked in front of any of them.
Reply 29
[QUOTE="hippieglitter"]
tRG

No, not usually from other flats but the ones you live with, you tend to know them quite well by then but i still wouldn't wanna be naked in front of any of them.

I experienced it from other flats! lol Luckily I don't tend to walk around naked but it could have been a close call!
im gonna buy a dressing gown!!
Reply 31
How long till Barry White "Let's get it on" comes on on random on the computer with you and a fellow male friend alone in the room?
The fascination with the microwave is all those things your mum told you never to do with it but you didn't quite believe why.

Eg: "I know I SHOULDN'T put a fork in it, but what will actually happen when I do?"
How long before you are OK with

Outwardly posh girls who leave smells in the loo. Very awkward.
Boys leaving pants "sunny side up".
Deciding to get a hamster then having to hide it from the wardens.
Lighting farts.
Sending fireworks through peoples windows.
Having 20 of your mates from home sleeping in the shared living room.
Having to tell your room mate that her boyfriend came onto you while she was out
Leaving contraceptive pills/condoms/caps on view all round the place to show off that you are shagging (yes, I had a room mate like that, niiice).
misslibby
The fascination with the microwave is all those things your mum told you never to do with it but you didn't quite believe why.

Eg: "I know I SHOULDN'T put a fork in it, but what will actually happen when I do?"

I've been putting forks in the microwave for years...only found out the other day you shouldn't. They were never in there for long though. :smile: Nothing exciting ever happened.
Play very cheesy and loud music and dance round the corridors like idiots (about 2 days)

Attach a comdom to a tap, fill it up with water and cover the kitchen (and yourselves) in water (4 days)

Attach a condom to a tap, fill it with water and cover the kitchen (and yourselves) in water whilst filming it (4 1/2 days)

Running around naked and locking your room mates outside at 2am (7 days)
Reply 36
If I happen to be living with a group of men, it will not be okay at any stage for them to walk around in their boxers. Should I, however, be in a flat with three attractive women, they can go around naked from the first minute of arrival for all I care!
plan rampant sex on the first night (just to get it out of the way)
the fire alarms sound like they're just gonna be annoying. bloody hope they don't go off when i'm in the shower.

Latest

Trending

Trending