The Student Room Group

Inadequate Teacher?!

Hi All,

I hope this message finds you well. I'm writing with a concerning matter that has been affecting our Year 13 class, and I'm in need of some guidance on how to address it.

Long story short we have an exceptionally poor teacher and unfortunately, has not demonstrated any improvement since Year 12, and the conduct has become increasingly problematic.

Lack of Teaching: The teacher hardly teaches during lessons (max 2min!), leaving us struggling to understand the subject with NO guidance.

Unprofessional Behavior: He appears scruffy, is frequently on his phone during class, and always watches the news or sports in lesson! - i do have photographic evidence - also is regularly eating midclass!

Classroom Etiquette: The teacher often does not even turn on the whiteboard to think of starting teaching, ignores questions, and walks out of class without explanation and arrives 30min later (all the time when he says i've had enough).

Failure to Fulfill Responsibilities: There is no assigned homework, and he dismisses any attempts by students to seek help, claiming he doesn't get paid enough!

Our entire class is feeling desperate, and it's affecting our ability to learn and succeed. I am considering bringing this issue to the attention of the headteacher, but before doing so, I wanted to gather opinions and advice from fellow students who might have faced similar situations.

Have any of you dealt with a situation like this before? If so, what actions did you take, and were they effective? Should I escalate the matter to the headteacher, and if yes, how should I approach it?

Your insights and advice would be highly appreciated.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending