The Student Room Group

He broke up with his GF of 2 years 2 months ago - bad idea getting involved?

When I broke up with my ex I was over him pretty quickly but we were together only for 1 year. I've met a guy I like recently and we've been talking. However, I just became friends with him on facebook and can see he only broke up with his ex, who it seems he was with for 2 years or so, 2 months ago.

Now I'm feeling I should probably leave it even though he does seem interested as it's probably only casual in his eyes or rebound and I don't want to get hurt. I haven't spoken to him about his ex obviously so I don't know their story but I feel this is too soon?
I dumped an ex of nearly three years and was going out with someone new within a week (if I'm honest with myself there was a bit of overlap). I'm still with the new guy, we've been dating for one and half years now. It's not black and white, find out as much info as possible. If this person hates his ex as much as I did and isn't an egg you're probably good. Best course of action would be to have an honest discussion with the dude about whether he's ready for another long term relationship and the circumstances in which he broke up with the last girl. If you can't do this or find out much information about the guy, best to just leave it.
Hmm...it's hard to say.

If you want to give it a shot, then do it, but perhaps try to take it slow? Test the waters...
If you're really interested try, but slooowwwwly.
Reply 4
Bump
Reply 5
Original post by newttella
Hmm...it's hard to say.

If you want to give it a shot, then do it, but perhaps try to take it slow? Test the waters...

Original post by Retired_Messiah
If you're really interested try, but slooowwwwly.

He seems into me but i dont know in what wau
Original post by Anonymous
I dumped an ex of nearly three years and was going out with someone new within a week (if I'm honest with myself there was a bit of overlap)..

Nice way of saying you cheated.
Original post by Anonymous
When I broke up with my ex I was over him pretty quickly but we were together only for 1 year. I've met a guy I like recently and we've been talking. However, I just became friends with him on facebook and can see he only broke up with his ex, who it seems he was with for 2 years or so, 2 months ago.

Now I'm feeling I should probably leave it even though he does seem interested as it's probably only casual in his eyes or rebound and I don't want to get hurt. I haven't spoken to him about his ex obviously so I don't know their story but I feel this is too soon?

Please keep away, I recently got dumped. By a really sweet guy, turned out I was just a rebound chick. DON'T FALL for it, he is just trying to fill the gap.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending