The Student Room Group

Nursing course finances

I have applied for the NHS bursary but was told i could apply for the student fiance England as well, i have tried this but been told because i have the bursary im not entitled to it, can anyone help me out or suggest what else i should do and the bursary isnt enough to get me to uni and placement.
You are entitled to a Student Finance England maintenance loan of just over 2k or just over 3k if you are at a London uni.
Reply 2
Im at Brighton uni does that make a difference??
Brighton is not in London, so you wouldn't get the 3k.
Reply 4
Original post by lilibet01
Brighton is not in London, so you wouldn't get the 3k.

I have lived in Brighton all my life so am aware of where it is, i was wondering if there was a big difference in the amount i can get?
Original post by MissyB123
I have lived in Brighton all my life so am aware of where it is, i was wondering if there was a big difference in the amount i can get?

You can apply for finance. You just don't get the typical amount that students get. You're only entitled to a reduced amount.
Sfe should have told you this.
Contact them again and say that you have been in touch with others and nursing students are entitled to a reduced maintenance loan.
It's not a great amount but it's something extra!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
I continued on from this page and was told I could have a living allowance but not anything towards my course, it's really confusing, you will be allowed something, if your unsure call them
Reply 7
Original post by deviant182
You can apply for finance. You just don't get the typical amount that students get. You're only entitled to a reduced amount.
Sfe should have told you this.
Contact them again and say that you have been in touch with others and nursing students are entitled to a reduced maintenance loan.
It's not a great amount but it's something extra!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest