The Student Room Group

Fed-up of being single

I'm 25, and I've been single for a year and a half. I think half of the problem is that I've had so much bad luck with men. From the ages of 21-24, I was in an abusive relationship with someone who cheated. Within the past year, I've met 2 guys who I developed feelings for, but both were only interested in sex, and used me liking them to their advantage.
I've been on 3-4 dates in the past couple of months, but again, it become apparent that most were just looking for sex, or I just didn't click with them.
I found that it was easier to meet guys when I was at uni, but I'm 26 in a few months, and I feel like most people are settled down at this age.
I have a good job, I'm educated, and have various hobbies and interests. I see myself as kind, I'm told I'm funny, attractive, and easy to talk to.
I can be shy and quiet, but I just need time to be fully at ease with people.
People always tell me 'you'll meet someone soon' 'it will happen when it happens' etc. and I'm sure they are right, but it's tough.
I know there are advantages to being single, but I just find it so hard to meet anyone, and I'm starting to get a little depressed by it.
I know there are so many people in this boat. I've tried dating sites but again, no luck, just people who were only looking for casual things, etc.
Reply 1
I get told I'm 'hot', and that I've got 'huge breasts' etc. and guys who tell me frequently that I have a hot body, and male friends often flirt with me. I ask myself if I dress n a way which maybe sends out the wrong message, but I really don't think so. I dress to flatter my figure, but I don't wear anything super revealing. I just find it so tough to meet someone who is looking for something long-term and concrete, rather than just casual.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm 25, and I've been single for a year and a half. I think half of the problem is that I've had so much bad luck with men. From the ages of 21-24, I was in an abusive relationship with someone who cheated. Within the past year, I've met 2 guys who I developed feelings for, but both were only interested in sex, and used me liking them to their advantage.
I've been on 3-4 dates in the past couple of months, but again, it become apparent that most were just looking for sex, or I just didn't click with them.
I found that it was easier to meet guys when I was at uni, but I'm 26 in a few months, and I feel like most people are settled down at this age.
I have a good job, I'm educated, and have various hobbies and interests. I see myself as kind, I'm told I'm funny, attractive, and easy to talk to.
People always tell me 'you'll meet someone soon' 'it will happen when it happens' etc. and I'm sure they are right, but it's tough.
I know there are advantages to being single, but I just find it so hard to meet anyone, and I'm starting to get a little depressed by it.
I know there are so many people in this boat. I've tried dating sites but again, no luck, just people who were only looking for casual things, etc.

Problem with having big things is that guys tend to look for short-term relationships, but bigger usually have better you know what experience almost double... or triple, thats a fact if anyone likes it or not.

There are some people who would go for long term relationships at young age and wouldn't judge you based on your body but they are rare at 18-25 year olds... I'm one of them so i know from experience... (looking for long term I meant)
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Finding the right person is a challenge for everyone. Perhaps go for more genuine guys who are clearly looking for a relationship. They are around. Perhaps join a wholesome club where you might meet like minded people. Get some support and advice from very socially able friends. It sounds like you've a lot going for you and with effort and resilience you will get there.
"I found that it was easier to meet guys when I was at uni, but I'm 26 in a few months, and I feel like most people are settled down at this age."

Lol.
Where do you go that puts you in place to potentially meet people? Do you go to the clubs, or take up a sport?

Maybe try stop looking so hard for a bit, sometimes then you actually find someone. In the mean time try going to social things depending what you do and when you do find someone don't rush with them.
A year and a half isnt long at all?
Reply 8
I do not understand why you are complaining. I am 28 and I have been single my whole life.
Being single freaking owns.
Reply 10
Original post by hezzlington
A year and a half isnt long at all?

He is not wrong
Original post by nluc88
I do not understand why you are complaining. I am 28 and I have been single my whole life.

Such a fun life....
Reply 12
Im fed up with being single but im a 20yo male and the same applies alot of girls are just intersted in sex and im really interested in the long term. Im sure youl find the right sort of bloke theyre few and far between but they are out there i just hope i can find the right girl aswell.
ignore the harsh comments here, some people just genuinely feel happier about life when they're in a relationship. I've only been single for a few months and I hate it, it's just nicer to have someone to share things with.
You'll meet someone new when you least expect it and stop focusing on it, that's how it always happens for me

Go to church. It will make you feel good and you can meet the nicest of people there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending