The Student Room Group

Is it possible that she is getting fed up of me as I am shy?

I am a 22 year old guy and have been going for some classes for preparation of exams to get into an MBA B School as I am pretty much done with college. There i also got crush on this girl who is also 22 or maybe 23 now. We had a handshake on our first day of class which was on 13th July 2023 and it was the first time i did handshake with a girl. She also was initiating convo with me asking me whether I had lunch or not and some more and I answer her too but I am shy to initiate further convo with her. Today it looked like she is probably fed up of me as I am shy and she is the one who tries to talk to me. We didnt talk today. What hurts is she is hanging around with her friends and 2 of them are male friends too. I am feeling like crying today for being so shy and I fear that I may lose her as well because some guy might become her boyfriend or its even possible that she is probably dating a guy who isn't in our classes. I did improve compared to my school days because in school days I couldn't even keep an eye contact with a girl and not even utter a word with girls as I was super shy but now at 22, I at least can keep an eye contact with a girl and answer them but its still not enough. I don’t even know what to do. I wanna message her on Whatsapp by finding her number from our class Whatsapp group but I am scared about how she would react if I messaged her.
Original post by Anonymous
I am a 22 year old guy and have been going for some classes for preparation of exams to get into an MBA B School as I am pretty much done with college. There i also got crush on this girl who is also 22 or maybe 23 now. We had a handshake on our first day of class which was on 13th July 2023 and it was the first time i did handshake with a girl. She also was initiating convo with me asking me whether I had lunch or not and some more and I answer her too but I am shy to initiate further convo with her. Today it looked like she is probably fed up of me as I am shy and she is the one who tries to talk to me. We didnt talk today. What hurts is she is hanging around with her friends and 2 of them are male friends too. I am feeling like crying today for being so shy and I fear that I may lose her as well because some guy might become her boyfriend or its even possible that she is probably dating a guy who isn't in our classes. I did improve compared to my school days because in school days I couldn't even keep an eye contact with a girl and not even utter a word with girls as I was super shy but now at 22, I at least can keep an eye contact with a girl and answer them but its still not enough. I don’t even know what to do. I wanna message her on Whatsapp by finding her number from our class Whatsapp group but I am scared about how she would react if I messaged her.

I doubt she is fed up of you. You just have to talk to her. It sounds to me like you're only just starting to come out of your shell, so I wouldn't try and develop any kind of infatuation at this stage. If you really are interested in her then ask her out to do something, grab some lunch or a coffee, maybe go on a walk when you're both free, anything works. You just have to show her that you're interested in the friendship or developing relationship between you two because she cannot read your mind.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending