The Student Room Group

Epq help

Hello, I want to do ab epq related to medicine but I’m not sure what title to pick,which title is the best to choose and could someone give me ideas on how to plan for it thank you! 1) how does PTSD caused by war and conflict affect human development2) the effects of war trauma on children in the Middle East- how war and conflict can affect child development 3)the development of psychological disorders caused by genocidal violence in the Uighur population
Reply 1
Hiii! I have just done my EPQ and the most important thing when choosing a title is that you can research the title in huge amounts of depth. I had titles that were just too specific and there was a lack of research into it ( I also did a medical based EPQ). I would suggest looking into research for all the titles you are considering and see which has the most evidence to support your title as you will have to write an essay and its so important to have plenty of things to talk through and discuss. I think all of the questions can work but I’m really not sure about the topics so I’m sorry that I cant advice you on that but it would be important to look at how much info is out there for you to use to make it successful.

- In terms of planning, I urge you to keep ALL resources, books, online websites literally anything you read/find interesting/helpful stored somewhere in like a bibliography style as it helps so much when coming to write the essay and if done correctly can be submitted as evidence.
- As soon as you are happy with the title start researching - the earlier the better
- I used a program called Notion ( its an app and a website) to create a to do list, and to create a timeline of when I wanted certain projects/ aspects of the project done by.
-My school gave me deadlines so I usually set my deadlines before this. If this is the case stick to all deadlines as it really helps the project develop and stay on track - space all the work out so you dont end up doing months worth in one day at the end!!
-I copied any information I found helpful and created a document with titles of all the aspects I had to research and put that underneath. I would suggest doing research and then starting to compile it somewhere to refer back to at the end.

I hope this helps a little bit - feel free to ask any questions! I wish you the best of luck with your EPQ :smile:
Maybe do to what extent does....
Reply 3
Original post by pn13
Hiii! I have just done my EPQ and the most important thing when choosing a title is that you can research the title in huge amounts of depth. I had titles that were just too specific and there was a lack of research into it ( I also did a medical based EPQ). I would suggest looking into research for all the titles you are considering and see which has the most evidence to support your title as you will have to write an essay and its so important to have plenty of things to talk through and discuss. I think all of the questions can work but I’m really not sure about the topics so I’m sorry that I cant advice you on that but it would be important to look at how much info is out there for you to use to make it successful.

- In terms of planning, I urge you to keep ALL resources, books, online websites literally anything you read/find interesting/helpful stored somewhere in like a bibliography style as it helps so much when coming to write the essay and if done correctly can be submitted as evidence.
- As soon as you are happy with the title start researching - the earlier the better
- I used a program called Notion ( its an app and a website) to create a to do list, and to create a timeline of when I wanted certain projects/ aspects of the project done by.
-My school gave me deadlines so I usually set my deadlines before this. If this is the case stick to all deadlines as it really helps the project develop and stay on track - space all the work out so you dont end up doing months worth in one day at the end!!
-I copied any information I found helpful and created a document with titles of all the aspects I had to research and put that underneath. I would suggest doing research and then starting to compile it somewhere to refer back to at the end.

I hope this helps a little bit - feel free to ask any questions! I wish you the best of luck with your EPQ :smile:

Hii thank you so much for all the tips I will definitely be using the resources to help me stay organised, what did you do your EPQ on if you don’t mind me asking?
Thank you again!! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by pn13
Do you mind showing me your notion page? I am planning on using Notion to track it. They were saying stuff about having to show your progress with a journal and have to send in our to do lists? Do you know anything bout this?
Reply 5
Original post by aksayan
Do you mind showing me your notion page? I am planning on using Notion to track it. They were saying stuff about having to show your progress with a journal and have to send in our to do lists? Do you know anything bout this?
Hello! I have unfortunately not got the notion as this is 2 years ago now! However, I would recommend creating 2 separate pages. One page with a journal style table e.g logging a specific task you have done with a date, time, accomplishments & next steps column. This is what I did for the journal part. You can have a running to do list as well for you personally however I am unsure how you would submit this? I did not do this personally. The second page should be a list of the journal, books, articles , websites etc. this can be cross referenced in your journal e.g today I researched about ….. and used source X in my bibliography…. my next steps are ….. . Something like that. Hope that helps!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending