The Student Room Group

Nottingham University - What is the difference between Medicine A100 and A108?

Hi Guys,

I am currently in year 12 studying Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Psychology and I have decided to study Medicine since I was in year 10.

Having went to this Medlink exhibition and saw Nottingham University as a stall, I was quite interested on what they had to offer. However, when I went to check their website online I saw 2 different courses: One was the official course which was 5 years and required AAA and the other course included a foundation year making it 6 years but only BBC.

I just wanted to know what the difference is between the two and why the entry requirements for the second one requires lower grades compared to the first one.

Thanks
Lower entry requirements is a foundation year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Farhan Abubacar
Hi Guys,

I am currently in year 12 studying Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Psychology and I have decided to study Medicine since I was in year 10.

Having went to this Medlink exhibition and saw Nottingham University as a stall, I was quite interested on what they had to offer. However, when I went to check their website online I saw 2 different courses: One was the official course which was 5 years and required AAA and the other course included a foundation year making it 6 years but only BBC.

I just wanted to know what the difference is between the two and why the entry requirements for the second one requires lower grades compared to the first one.

Thanks

In addition to the grade requirement, for A108 you have to meet social requirements -

Living in a neighbourhood that is less advantaged in terms of income, education and other factors (a postcode tool is used to assess this).
Are, or have previously been, in local authority care/looked after. (A confirmation letter from the local authority is required).
Living in a household with an income of no more than £35,000. (Evidence of Child Tax Credit or an equivalent means-tested benefit is required).
Being a sole carer for a parent/parents, or for a sibling if you are not living with parents. (A confirmation letter from your school is required).
Have refugee status at the time you made your application. (A letter confirming this status from the Home Office is required).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending