The Student Room Group
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website

Ask a Staffordshire Student Thread - AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by leewoodward
Hello Sam,My name is Lee Woodward and I am would like to know where I could let people know of the services / help that I can offer. I am a qualified Spanish teacher who is trying to create a business tutoring children and adults who want to learn Spanish. However, I also would like to explore the possibility of teaching English to Spanish speakers / students. Do you have many Spanish students? Similarly, there may be other international students who require additional help in English. If there is a way I could communicate these services with potential students then that would be great. I have a website and facebook page: littlespanishclub wishes,Lee

Hi Lee,
We have a number of English languages classes that we run within the university - however they might be interested their email is: [email protected] I think the best people for you to contact for teaching Spanish to English speakers may be the students' union on [email protected]

Hopefully this helps,

Kris
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website
will a first year computer etworks and security student have a reading week?
Original post by amysweetpea
will a first year computer etworks and security student have a reading week?

Hi @amysweetpea,
As a first year Computer Networks and Security student, you won't have a reading week. It's a straight 12 weeks of teaching this semester. Hope that helps!
^KE
Hi,
I have applied for mental health nursing and was wondering how many days roughly in uni this will be. As a mature student I was wondering whether I can do bank work at my current job
Original post by Aligreen
Hi,
I have applied for mental health nursing and was wondering how many days roughly in uni this will be. As a mature student I was wondering whether I can do bank work at my current job

Hi, I've checked with the Course Leader for Mental Health Nursing and she says: "Currently the courses are run on a full-time basis, students are either in university which is often 5 days per week (some weeks slightly less depending on whether there are study days built in) or on placement which is 37.5hours per week."

I hope this clarifies, but feel free to contact [email protected]

Shaun
Hi everyone! Great thread!

My name's Gee, I'm a current second year Cartoon & Comic Arts student and I'm a contributor to the Staffs student blogs and vlogs. Just dropping by to say that if you have any questions lent more towards the student experience side of things (or anything about Comic Arts or Clarice Cliff accommodation), I'll be more than happy to help out! Also happy to private message about uni worries, if you need!

Hopefully see a lot of you in September!

- Gee
Hello... I wish to apply for admission into Staffordshire but I also wish to know if the university grants financial aid to its international students because with the tuition being £10. 500, its cheap compared to the other universities but its quite expensive for me..
Hi, is there a universal moving in day for staffs or does it vary course to course?
@Skipppppyyyyy It's a universal day. That I believe is the 15th September this year. But that could change.
Original post by agbor4life
Hello... I wish to apply for admission into Staffordshire but I also wish to know if the university grants financial aid to its international students because with the tuition being £10. 500, its cheap compared to the other universities but its quite expensive for me..

Hi,
You can contact our International team who will be able to help with that question: https://connect.enquiries.uk.com/Staffordshire/

There is information on fees and scholarships at:

http://www.staffs.ac.uk/international/students/fees_and_scholarships/

Hope that helps but feel free to ask anything else and I'll do my best to help you.

Shaun
Reply 30
Original post by Staffordshire University
Hi,
You can contact our International team who will be able to help with that question: https://connect.enquiries.uk.com/Staffordshire/

There is information on fees and scholarships at:

http://www.staffs.ac.uk/international/students/fees_and_scholarships/

Hope that helps but feel free to ask anything else and I'll do my best to help you.

Shaun

Hello
may I please know if it’s possible to change to a different campus after your first year
Original post by Bawo55
Hello
may I please know if it’s possible to change to a different campus after your first year

Hi @Bawo55

I'd recommend emailing [email protected] who should be able to help with this :smile:

Thanks

Amy
Hi everyone

Just a quick one to say you can now chat one-on-one with a number of our students, both UG and PG. We've got students available from a range of courses who are happy to answer all of your questions.

https://www.staffs.ac.uk/student-life/ask-a-student/

Thanks

Amy
Hi Sam - I am looking for a student who is on the Social Media Digital Marketing course who would like some experience on their CV helping an up and coming Electronic Music Producer with his social media presence. this would be a great opportunity for a student to have something new and exciting on their CV. any advice regarding notice boards, etc to go to would be great.thank you, Sharon Wood

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending