University of York
York

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
hmm, i haven't got mine through yet :frown:
University of York
York
rosie0204
I don't think there is a thread like this yet for 2007:s-smilie: sorry if I'm wrong:redface:

...Anyway, I'm Rosie, will be living in Alcuin Block M and am studying education.

Hi!;medieval;:biggrin:

Alcuin Block Block F1 doing English - see you there!
Reply 22
Derwent block D, room D020b, which I presume from what people have said above is on the ground floor, right?
Reply 23
Are all you people gap year students/people who had unconditional before results?
Reply 24
DonneJohn
Hi Rosie:smile: im gap year too...just found out im in James block K. You happy with your college? I am, although a bar would be nice! haha

Which flat? I was a K blocker last year :smile: It's LOVELY. :smile:
Derwent Block D D020a or something like that ~ must be near you CBee! :biggrin:
Reply 26
kexy
Are all you people gap year students/people who had unconditional before results?

No, I applied this year. They seem to have allocated Derwent already, but that's about it I think.
Reply 27
Derwent block B, first floor :smile:
Reply 28
Okilidokili

Yeah, I guess we must have neighbouring rooms! It's a very small world...
-CBee-
Yeah, I guess we must have neighbouring rooms! It's a very small world...

Yep sounds pretty much like it :smile: , although on mine it says DE/D020a so i'm a bit confused now lol as to where I will be because DE sounds like the 4th floor but I didn't think the buildings were that big! :confused:Ahh well guess we will all just have to wait and see when we get there.Do you have something before the D020 bit on your form?

Dea
Derwent block B, first floor
How do you know what floor you'll be on? :confused:

Sorry to go off topic~~~
Astral Weeks
Alcuin Block Block F1 doing English - see you there!
You are doing english - me too :smile: ~ How are you getting on with the book list, I haven't really started yet :eek: so a bit worried! lol.
Reply 30
Okilidokili
Yep sounds pretty much like it :smile: , although on mine it says DE/D020a so i'm a bit confused now lol as to where I will be because DE sounds like the 4th floor but I didn't think the buildings were that big! :confused:Ahh well guess we will all just have to wait and see when we get there.Do you have something before the D020 bit on your form?.

Yeah, it's DE/D020b. I think the DE bit just means Derwent, and from what other people have said, it's on the ground floor because apparently the first number shows which floor (so if it was D120b it'd be on the first floor, if it was D220b it'd be on the second and so on).
Reply 31
DE is just short for Derwent. The important part is what comes afterwards. D020a means you are in D block on the ground floor in room 20a. The numbering is standard for all rooms. The first number represents the floor it is on, 0 for ground, 1 for first...
Aaah it makes sense now! Oops DE = DErwent of course! :redface: - hmmm yes I am starting on a degree course in a months time though you wouldn't think it would you! hehe Thank you for clearing that up CBee and alastair. And yep CBee it sounds like we are next door neighbours so :wavey: Well excited now, I've practically moved in ~ I'm even meeting the neighbours :p:
Okilidokili

You are doing english - me too :smile: ~ How are you getting on with the book list, I haven't really started yet :eek: so a bit worried! lol.

Heya, ermmmmm I've read Titus Andronicus, and Im just finishing Mrs Dalloway.

http://yorkuk.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2250624795

Check out this facebook group (presuming you have facebook), there's loads of good advice on it, and loads of people starting English this year as well. They haven't done much reading yet either:smile: .
Astral Weeks
Heya, ermmmmm I've read Titus Andronicus, and Im just finishing Mrs Dalloway.

http://yorkuk.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2250624795

Check out this facebook group (presuming you have facebook), there's loads of good advice on it, and loads of people starting English this year as well. They haven't done much reading yet either:smile: .

Yeah have been meaning to get facebook but never got round to it, sounds like a good plan! Glad to hear they haven't done much reading either:p: !
Reply 35
Okilidokili

Yep you two are 'twins' - your rooms were one big room but they put a wall down the middle and they're now two. You have your own little alcove and your doors will be facing eachother. I had one of these rooms and although slightly smaller than the others they're still fine!
Reply 36
Just called up the Accommodation Office. I am in Goodricke College. I suggest you guys also start callingthe Accommodation office:smile:
Reply 37
That just means they have started allocating to Goodricke. I wouldn't suggest everyone starts ringing up, you will just piss them off!
Reply 38
alastair
That just means they have started allocating to Goodricke. I wouldn't suggest everyone starts ringing up, you will just piss them off!

Yeah you might be right. But they have allocated quite a few colleges now, James,Goodricke,Alcuin,Derwent,Fairfax, so might be worth a call.

I just called cus I am leaving Sweden in a week and moving in on October 1. For British students I guess there is no real hurry.
Reply 39
I had a right feeling i'd get a letter today :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending