The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

FM08
hang on a minute Ronaldo VII, you want him dropped??? He with Rooney is our best player! It's Lampard that's the weaklink for me.

I thought Gerrard had a great second half.

Or play centrally, with one holding midfielder. He isn't a support striker. I should have counted how many times Barry gave the ball away. If he does that against France we'll get stuffed.
Ronaldo VII
It seemed like Joe Cole beat the defender and got the cross in to me.

and that was disappointing? lol. i bet you thought jenas was good didn't you?
Gerrard man of the match? LMFAO!
did liverpool fans hijack the online poll?
loadmalz
It makes me laugh how you're critical at every Liverpool player. Can we get a non-manc's opinion? Because obviously Mr. Ronaldo isn't even backing his opinions with any kind of data. I mean, you honestly think all he did was set up SWP and provide a very nice pass to Cole to do his stuff?

...Because you'd be very wrong. Were you even watching the match? If you were, you'd see Gerrard's ability to read the game is immense.

He gave the ball away constantly lol. I have no reason to criticise him due to him being from Liverpool. I hate Joe Cole with a vengeance but he put in a good performance.
President George Bush
Gerrard man of the match? LMFAO!
did liverpool fans hijack the online poll?
na the thousands of united glory huntaz did innit
X2F01
and that was disappointing? lol. i bet you thought jenas was good didn't you?

Where did I say Joe Cole was disappointing?
As Gerrard liked supporting Crouch up front and did so well according to you, you wont mind him doing it in the league with Torres injured.
First half was crap..2nd was alot better..i lol'd at Gerrards man of the match..what a joke..Rooney/Bentley/Cole were alot better..a win is what matters
There were at least 3 players better than gerrard

Bentley
Cole
Rooney

Liverpool fans must have orgainsed a mass vote of that online poll.
farhan
Hopefully Capello does what all true England fans want him to do and makes Gerrard the permanent England captain.

I wouldn't have given the MOTM to Gerrard tonight, and neither would a lot of people if you look at the player rater, but it's a meaningless prize anyway.

I wouldn't make him captain because I think he's overrated but being captain is about more than playing well. I don't know what he's like in the locker room or as a leader and I wouldn't presume to.
Not the greatest of games. Joe Cole was doing what he does best, Bentley, his crosses could have been better but he looks composed on the ball, which is nice to see.

I just can't get excited by friendlies. I think we all too easily expect too much. Watching England will probably never be as good as watching club football. First half was very poor, many poor passes...
can't fault Rooney's enthusiasm but of course, he doesn't have a match to play on Sunday :mad:

meh :s-smilie:
Reply 1991
2nd half was better. First game always seems to make the players push that little harder. Rooney was real good and i was really suprised/happy with Bentley performance some of his balls were exceptional.

Gerrard played well showed he wants the captaincy...he'll probably get it too, Not sure though.
WaW
2nd half was better. First game always seems to make the players push that little harder. Rooney was real good and i was really suprised/happy with Bentley performance some of his balls were exceptional.

Gerrard played well showed he wants the captaincy...he'll probably get it too, Not sure though.

Why would you be surprised with Bentley's performance? He's been excellent for Blackburn this season. His place in the starting XI fully justified.
Reply 1993
white_haired_wizard
Why would you be surprised with Bentley's performance? He's been excellent for Blackburn this season. His place in the starting XI fully justified.

Suprised in the way that he had settled in so nicely...his performances for Blackburn have been brillaint if he had been in a top 5-6 club he would have been in McClarens squads as well.

Suprised a little by Jenas i never thought he would start expected Hargreaves instead with Barry in the centre and Hargreaves the holding man...Capello has time on his side though and the start looks promising.
Reply 1994
lol at wes brown what a joker he's so clumsy.
Reply 1995
Rooney is more overrated than Gerrard, if anything.

Rooney is a phenominal player, but I shall refer you to World Shambles 2006... Rooney being our Moses, etc...
Reply 1996
FM08
lol at wes brown what a joker he's so clumsy.

Wes Brown is an awful player.
Reply 1997
lol i think he's not bad but i can't help but burst into laughter when he gets the ball. Like a bleddy nosebleed.
We're gonna win the world cup!
Rooney is way better than Twattard..and Brown is great :biggrin:

Latest