The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Scotland might be more entertaining to be fair.
It's gonna be tough for England but I'm banking on them (literally) to win pretty comfortably. Something like 3-1.
Reply 582
England name the same starting 11 that beat Israel.
Nice! That side should do the business :smile: :cheers: for a England win:smile:
Leavis2
England name the same starting 11 that beat Israel.

:s-smilie: Shocker. I was expecting Crouch to start ahead of Heskey..

Here we go then! :smile:
Get in! Owen 1-0.

Half of my prediction right. Now just for Gerrard to make it 2-0.
Sweet. Owen scored first :smile:
Nice finish Owen :biggrin:
Shoulda been 2.
It is 2 now :smile:
Where are Heskey's critics now?

*raises hand*
Reply 591
Dalimyr
"great"? What if you're only wrong about the scoreline, and Russia get a last-minute goal to win 1-0 or 2-1? Not so great then, is it? :p:

Yeah, I should have been more specific. :redface: We're 2-0 up now anyway, so it's fine. :p:
Reply 592
Can anyone quickly sum up what happened for both goals, please? I missed the first half :shock:
Reply 593
Some of these Russians are pretty darn skilfull, I'm impressed. Very comfortable on the ball and excellent close control
Reply 594
this is the uncertain make england fans sweat period of the match.

close these ruskies down!
Reply 595
Leavis2
Can anyone quickly sum up what happened for both goals, please? I missed the first half :shock:

2006: GOAL England 1-0 Russia
Gareth Barry's corner is cleared right back to him on the right. At the second attempt his dinked delivery finds Michael Owen lurking on the edge of the six-yard box in space. He traps the ball, picks his spot and fires in off the post. A perfect start.

2030: GOAL England 2-0 Russia
Emile Heskey knocks a long clearance down to Michael Owen who seems to have all the time in the world before hitting a dipping volley home high past Vyacheslav Malafeev.
Reply 596
Barry has been immense.
Reply 597
*Anneka
2006: GOAL England 1-0 Russia
Gareth Barry's corner is cleared right back to him on the right. At the second attempt his dinked delivery finds Michael Owen lurking on the edge of the six-yard box in space. He traps the ball, picks his spot and fires in off the post. A perfect start.

2030: GOAL England 2-0 Russia
Emile Heskey knocks a long clearance down to Michael Owen who seems to have all the time in the world before hitting a dipping volley home high past Vyacheslav Malafeev.

Thanks, Anneka :smile:

Great stuff from Owen it seems- he may have his critics but seldom fails to deliver the goods :yy:
Scotland 1 - 0 France

Eysyeysesyesa**** Yesssss!!!1 Briliant!1ojsdgjga

Latest