The Student Room Group

References and Declining Grades

I worse in my AS levels than I expected, and want to resit them. I was planning to decline the results so it looked like they never happened. However, I now hear that schools are meant to say in the reference if their results were cashed in or not. Obviously this makes me look bad for declining my results, and shows I'm ashamed of them and am trying to hide them.

I plan to apply for French at Bristol and their standard offer seems to be ABB, with the A in French. If my tutor mentions that I missed the A grade by 3 UMS (1%!) and am therefore resitting, will that reassure the admissions tutor that I'm not completely thick? Will having BBBC with a prediction of AABB/ ABBB and this mentionin the reference be enough to stop them rejecting me?

I realise they reject people based on other areas, but presuming they like the rest of my application, should I be alright?
Reply 1
I doubt they'd reject you on the basis of your AS levels; in fact, as you've said, you were only 1% away from ABB which is the entrance requirement. Good predictions and BBBC should suffice, I guess the admission tutors realise you're half way through your A-Levels and so it's inevitable that you may resit certain modules. Just write a good personal statement and get a good reference.

Latest

Trending

Trending