The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
deej

You NEED to rethink your options and get your arse into gear for your final year, or you will probably end up taking an unexpected gap year.

Unexpected gap years aren't THAT bad :redface:
Reply 41
deej
Sod your parents. It's your choice. Your degree.

If you apply to Manchester with the grades you have for the course you want, you will most likely be rejected. You will lose a place on your UCAS application which could've gone to another university or course which will accept either a points tarrif score, or lower grades/ 2 A2 + 2 AS. Going to Manchester only helps you feel smart if you are smart. Judging by your reluctance to accept advice off people who have either gone through the UCAS system, are going through the UCAS system, or actually work with the UCAS system, you're clearly not suited to that university.

You NEED to rethink your options and get your arse into gear for your final year, or you will probably end up taking an unexpected gap year.

That is the harsh reality which YOU have to face if you don't at least listen to our advice. It is YOU who will have to live with your mistakes, not your parents.

so basically what to do guys expect me to do with my subjects?
lipowicha
would it work if i tell the math teacher that they are ruining my future and chances of getting into a top uni.
and they might jus let me get into A2 maybe?

Your teacher ruining your chances? It's you who is ruining your own chances by not doing what we've been telling you to do.

REPEAT AS MODULES IN JANUARY!!!

It means you could do the A2 modules in June if you do well enough. But there's no hope that Manchester will accept you with XXxx
Reply 43
Xx Tomásíona - Mháire xX
Your teacher ruining your chances? It's you who is ruining your own chances by not doing what we've been telling you to do.

REPEAT AS MODULES IN JANUARY!!!

It means you could do the A2 modules in June. But there's no hope that Manchester will accept you with XXxx

i told u!!! i cant repeat da modules if i dont hav a D minimum!!!u can do anything u set ur mind to menh!!!!.....
Reply 44
lipowicha

Read back through the thread, enough advice has been given.
lipowicha
i told u!!! i cant repeat da modules if i dont hav a D minimum!!!u can do anything u set ur mind to menh!!!!.....

How can't you repeat? You pay to repeat or sit as an external candidate.

You want me to drag you down to Manchesters admissions myself and have them laugh at you? Unless you can do an intensive A level course in a year. You've no hope.
Reply 46
lipowicha

Well, then. You're screwed, aren't you?

Sorry.
lipowicha

okokok - lets go back to basics here.

What do you LOVE - what's your passion, what do you want to do with your life?
Reply 48
PQ
okokok - lets go back to basics here.

What do you LOVE - what's your passion, what do you want to do with your life?

get rich die tryin. i mean i always wanted to be a professional footballer?

how about that?:biggrin:
lipowicha
get rich die tryin. i mean i always wanted to be a professional footballer?

how about that?:biggrin:

If you aren't going to answer seriously then I'm done offering you advice.
Reply 50
why dont man uni let me in i mean all the successful people had bad grades and look how rich they are now?..
jus giv meh a chance!!!!!!
Reply 51
Right, I'm giving up here, I'm not your careers advisor, I'm not paid to listen to your idiotic rambling.

Speak to your careers advisor at Xaverian. They're paid, and as such, have to listen. They will more than likely say exactly the same things as we have. Maybe THEN you'll listen.
lipowicha
why dont man uni let me in i mean all the successful people had bad grades and look how rich they are now?..

The successful people with bad grades either:

i) didn't go to university
ii) didn't go to manchester university
iii) got their "bad" grade back when AAA was virtually unheard of
Reply 53
Because they are a real university. They have hundreds of applicants per place. They have to filter our the people who will fail. The grades they offer for each course, reflect that.

Live with it.
Reply 54
deej
Right, I'm giving up here, I'm not your careers advisor, I'm not paid to listen to your idiotic rambling.

Speak to your careers advisor at Xaverian. They're paid, and as such, have to listen. They will more than likely say exactly the same things as we have. Maybe THEN you'll listen.

i've actually booked a carreers advisor yesterday at xaverian for today but dey did not turn up!!!!! so i went to connexions today and booked one dare which will be next wednesday.
lipowicha
i've actually booked a carreers advisor yesterday at xaverian for today but dey did not turn up!!!!! so i went to connexions today and booked one dare which will be next wednesday.

http://www.connexions-direct.com/index.cfm?go=communicationChannels
Reply 56
u no wat u guys ar probably right i mean man uni dats a big ask.

i guess i'll find another uni and take everything on board and reflect. cheers guys and carry on posting if u wish.

spank you...
Reply 57
You should of course use text speak on your personal statement as well. Nail in the coffin as they say.
Reply 58
I don't get it - why don't you take a gap year? You can do all the re-sits you want then :smile:.
lipowicha

What's the point when Manchester certainly won't?

We're not the ones who can give you a chance. That'd be Manchester. But what we can do is tell you that you need to retake your AS Maths (or change subjects and do that from scratch) in order to get the 3 A2 levels you require to get onto a good course. What we can do is tell you that you're hiding behind excuses and refusing to acknowledge that you are the one that needs to work hard and change your attitude. You're not a special snowflake. If Manchester want A Levels, they're not going to change their minds just for you because your mummy and daddy don't want you to go to an ex-poly.

Besides, even if they were happy with two AS Levels, where did you begin to think that one of them being an E grade was going to be sufficient?

How are you going to cope at uni if you can't cope at AS?

And to suggest that the way round this is to persuade your tutors to bend the rules? LOL. Try that with the university you end up at. Go on, I dare you.

Latest

Trending

Trending