The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Important things (documents, letters, etc) we need to take. + question re: registerin

I'm just getting scared that I might forget something vital that I need for uni. So I'm just checking; are there any documents I've forgotten to think of taking? This is what i can remember:

Passport

Photos

student record form woth photo attached

Accomodation Direct debit (havent done it yet, cuz I didnt have bank)

Grants/loan confirmation letter with barcode

introductory week schedule

Is there anything else really important (bearing in mind I havent done academical/financial registration because a of a problem, and I havent gave back the direct debit form for accomodation)?

By the way, when can I register in person? Because, on the introductory week schedule, it sets a date/time for financial registration but not the otehr one. Could I do both there?
What is the student record form? Don't think I have one of those... :-s
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
It's a sheet where you write your name, course name, address, and fix a photo.
Reply 3
uni_Boy
It's a sheet where you write your name, course name, address, and fix a photo.

Are we already meant to have one of those or do you mean you fill it in once you get there?
I really need to print off all that stuff. So disorganised!! I'm moving in on my own as well so I don't have my parents to organise me!!
Reply 4
in the undergraduate crucial guide, page 14 it has a checklist. The things it says you need to bring are:
1. ID number (can be found on the confirmation letter sent to you by the university) - I think this is the UID number? and the confirmation letter means the accommodation contract because thats where I first found the UID number.
2. Letter from sponsors, stating clearly what amount will be paid for the session 2007-8 on receipt of an invoice from the UoM.
3. Local Authority Financial Notification.
4 Banking details or means of payment.
5. Passport ONLY if you require assessment of your home or overseas status.
Reply 5
Ally_473
Are we already meant to have one of those or do you mean you fill it in once you get there?
I really need to print off all that stuff. So disorganised!! I'm moving in on my own as well so I don't have my parents to organise me!!

Well, I got it a few days ago and it was part of this little pack of documents I got about my course and stuff. Although it says you need to have already filled it in, I seriously doubt theyre not just gonna give you a copy if you dont have it... so u can fill it in then and there ('ts really short). Just make sure you have passport photos ready.

Senna
in the undergraduate crucial guide, page 14 it has a checklist. The things it says you need to bring are:
1. ID number (can be found on the confirmation letter sent to you by the university) - I think this is the UID number? and the confirmation letter means the accommodation contract because thats where I first found the UID number.
2. Letter from sponsors, stating clearly what amount will be paid for the session 2007-8 on receipt of an invoice from the UoM.
3. Local Authority Financial Notification.
4 Banking details or means of payment.
5. Passport ONLY if you require assessment of your home or overseas status.

Thanks. So I guess I'm fine.

Latest

Trending

Trending