The Student Room Group

Maintenance Loan

Good evening,
I am an Italian student on my 4rth and final year of studies.
I am working on a zero hours contract and wanted to apply for the maintenance loan. However, I was wondering If my evidence was enough:
-My household income documents
-One payslip covering the whole month of September
-The confirmation of employment letter from my manager instead of the contract.
-The new employee form showing my employment start date.
That is it. Would it be okay?
Original post by BenedettaR
Good evening,
I am an Italian student on my 4rth and final year of studies.
I am working on a zero hours contract and wanted to apply for the maintenance loan. However, I was wondering If my evidence was enough:
-My household income documents
-One payslip covering the whole month of September
-The confirmation of employment letter from my manager instead of the contract.
-The new employee form showing my employment start date.
That is it. Would it be okay?

Hi there, What is your status in the UK? Settled or Pre-settled? Thanks, Angela
Reply 2
Original post by Angela SFE
Hi there, What is your status in the UK? Settled or Pre-settled? Thanks, Angela

Pre settled status issued in 2019-2020
Pre settled status issued in 2019-2020

Hi there, have you also sent the PN1 form to us as well? Thanks, Jason
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there, have you also sent the PN1 form to us as well? Thanks, Jason

Hi, I have not sent my evidence yet cause I wanted to know it that is going to be enough, so I have:
-September payslip
-pn1 form
-my family household income
-employment confirmation letter from the manager, instead of the contract
-new employee form showing my employment start date.

And I have the pre-settled status
Hi, I have not sent my evidence yet cause I wanted to know it that is going to be enough, so I have:
-September payslip
-pn1 form
-my family household income
-employment confirmation letter from the manager, instead of the contract
-new employee form showing my employment start date.

And I have the pre-settled status

Yes, so the employment letter needs to confirm the following:

Employment start date
Contracted hours per week

Hourly rate of pay
Contract type - permanent, fixed or temporary
And make sure it's on company headed paper.

And any available payslips (so if you have payslips prior to September) I would advise sending the last 3. Thanks, Jason
Reply 6
Yes, so the employment letter needs to confirm the following:

Employment start date
Contracted hours per week

Hourly rate of pay
Contract type - permanent, fixed or temporary
And make sure it's on company headed paper.

And any available payslips (so if you have payslips prior to September) I would advise sending the last 3. Thanks, Jason

I started working in September, so I only have the payslip for september; what should I do?
I started working in September, so I only have the payslip for september; what should I do?

Hi Benedetta,

That's no problem, you should send what you have now. It's understandable that you can only provide one payslip at the moment.

Rest assured, if our assessors need any further evidence they'll let you know by e-mail.

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 8
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi Benedetta,

That's no problem, you should send what you have now. It's understandable that you can only provide one payslip at the moment.

Rest assured, if our assessors need any further evidence they'll let you know by e-mail.

Thanks, Graeme

Just one more thing..
Since my household income documents are in italian, do you need the certified translation or can I send them in italian?
Just one more thing..
Since my household income documents are in italian, do you need the certified translation or can I send them in italian?

If you are able to translate these we'd always advise this. The assessors will aim to do this on your behalf but in cases they can't they would require a translation sent. Thanks, Jason
Reply 10
If you are able to translate these we'd always advise this. The assessors will aim to do this on your behalf but in cases they can't they would require a translation sent. Thanks, Jason

Does it need to be certified?
Does it need to be certified?

If you're able to. It's only recommend if the assessors aren't able to do this for you. Just to avoid further delays as applications can take 6-8 weeks to process. Thanks, Jason
Reply 12
If you're able to. It's only recommend if the assessors aren't able to do this for you. Just to avoid further delays as applications can take 6-8 weeks to process. Thanks, Jason

Hi, I am sorry to disturb again, but I am contacting people for tje translation and was wondering which documents for the household income you would need.
We have 2 in italy, but our main one is called isee which only covers 2021 and not 2022, because in Italy we get that document every 2 years in January.
Otherwise we have a different one that covers both 2021 and 2022 but it is slightly different.. so I am a bit confused
Hi, I am sorry to disturb again, but I am contacting people for tje translation and was wondering which documents for the household income you would need.
We have 2 in italy, but our main one is called isee which only covers 2021 and not 2022, because in Italy we get that document every 2 years in January.
Otherwise we have a different one that covers both 2021 and 2022 but it is slightly different.. so I am a bit confused

The tax year that we use for 23/24 applications is 21/22, so we'd suggest going for the 2021 document for now.

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending