The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 1
Nylex
For those of you that don't know, registration will happen online this year for everyone (except disabled students). You'll still have to go and collect your ID, obviously. It'll be done at www.my.bham.ac.uk and you'll need your username (eg. abc123) and pass (new students get those with their welcome packs).

Registration for what - is this enrollment?
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2
Chubb
Registration for what - is this enrollment?

Yeah. I thought most places called it registration :confused:.
Reply 3
Nylex
Yeah. I thought most places called it registration :confused:.

OK thanks - I've just never heard it called registration before (my college calls it enrollment).
Reply 4
Chubb
OK thanks - I've just never heard it called registration before (my college calls it enrollment).

No prob.
Scuse me what's this?? When do we have to do this thingy online? No offers have come through so I'm guessing I can worry about this post-Thursday when the results come out and I know where I'm going.

Am I right in thinking all the accommodation and confirmation of acceptance will come through as soon as the A levels results go official?

Argghh nail biting 'till Thursday :confused:
Reply 6
You'll need to register at/before the start of term, you should get info about it with welcome pack and accomodation info. I think all the confirmation and accomodation stuff will be out soon after results, yeah.
Reply 7
Well as soon as thursday comes (assuming I get the grades) I'm going to email the accomadation people and ask them if they can get me a single room as I like my personal space.
Reply 8
You'll get the necessary information after your grades, so don't panic about it.

Usually you have to register via paper form, but this year you register online, print off the registration form that's generated as a result of you filling out the form online, and then take this to wherever it tells you to take it at the start of term, so you can get your "white" student ID card etc.

Tim.
Reply 9
Chubb
Well as soon as thursday comes (assuming I get the grades) I'm going to email the accomadation people and ask them if they can get me a single room as I like my personal space.

Don't bother emailing them, there is no way you will get a response.Get on the telephone! I found that shouting it down their earholes several times was the only way to get any kind of response! (I only found out where I was being allocated a WEEK before I moved in.
Reply 10
Debs@Brum
Don't bother emailing them, there is no way you will get a response.Get on the telephone! I found that shouting it down their earholes several times was the only way to get any kind of response! (I only found out where I was being allocated a WEEK before I moved in.

OK can do. Thanks for the advise.

BTW - how likely is it for someone who has B'ham as their firm to be given shared accomadation (I would have thought they would have saved it for insurance & clearing)?

Latest

Trending

Trending