The Student Room Group

Life Skills and adulting on TSR!

Scroll to see replies

This is called a world, i read somewhere this world is just like station and v are sitting in train with people (parents, siblings, relatives, friends and we met different people during this journey. Some left us during this journey and some get off when their desire station come. my father said some jobs you have to do it by hook or by crook. so they are two ways one do happily, relaxing way or do by taking or giving tension to others. why not set good examples for others by completing all tasks or new tasks happily. he always say that first figure out the problem then u can solve easily. first impression is the last impression so make yourself better by talking and look.what do u think?

Original post by BurstingBubbles
No matter how prepared we feel to look after ourselves or move out, there are always things we are unsure of. How do you work a washing machine, change a light bulb, get a stain out of a carpet? How to get council tax exception, put together or pack away furniture, or apply for a mortgage?

Here on TSR we're going to put some guides together on the skills a lot of us take for granted, and other have no idea how to do. What are things you'd like help with? No life skill is too small, don't be embarrassed, I'm still scared of changing a light bulb from fear of electrocution :tongue: Post your ideas below!

- Top tips on renting a property
- Cooking Basics
- Dealing with Debt
- Budgeting Spreadsheet and Tips
Original post by BurstingBubbles
No matter how prepared we feel to look after ourselves or move out, there are always things we are unsure of. How do you work a washing machine, change a light bulb, get a stain out of a carpet? How to get council tax exception, put together or pack away furniture, or apply for a mortgage?

Here on TSR we're going to put some guides together on the skills a lot of us take for granted, and other have no idea how to do. What are things you'd like help with? No life skill is too small, don't be embarrassed, I'm still scared of changing a light bulb from fear of electrocution :tongue: Post your ideas below!

- Top tips on renting a property
- Cooking Basics
- Dealing with Debt
- Budgeting Spreadsheet and Tips

I am a food lover and afraid of cooking. what is the best and safe way of doing it.
What is it you're afraid of?
Original post by Bluemonkey14
I am a food lover and afraid of cooking. what is the best and safe way of doing it.
Thank you! I really might need this
The thing about being an adult, is that you don't ever really feel like an adult... not properly. I still consider my parents to be a higher authority on life than I am.

A word about toilet plungers though - buy a flat one. Trust me, they are infinitely better than rounded ones. After trying a multitude of different toilet plungers and none of them working efficiently, I once had to call out a plumber for a blocked toilet. He used a flat one and the blockage was gone in 10 seconds.

I went out and bought a flat one the very next day, and it handles ANYTHING.

03P-14-1.jpg
Being an adult is synonymous with learning something new every day, I think we’re never taught to live alone, there are many things you never know and have to learn along the way.
For me the internet has been a great help, when I don’t know how to do something I search online for it, read a little and give it a go.
I confess that I still feel scared every time I have to change a lightbulb or anything relating to electricity.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending