The Student Room Group

Blu tack woes!

Scroll to see replies

Last year I was at Manchester and they told you to buy white tack because it apparently doesn't use a mark. I think if you use too much it might. Try cutting down on the bottom of the poster and at the top put it as high up as poss so they cant see the mark:wink:
'Researching' this I've read that the grease is the oil from your hands when you're moulding it in the first pace...so maybe if you mould it in a plastic bag or something it won't be so bad?
flipshot
There is: http://www.grippingstuff.com/gs-fp.htm

I haven't tried it myself but it looks quite good, I was planning on getting some when I'm at Uni. Only problem is I haven't been able to find any shops that sell it but you can order online.

The poster tape sounds quite good actually thanks:p:
what about using drawing pins then filling the holes in with tipp-ex?
Reply 24
xX_JIMI_Xx
what about using drawing pins then filling the holes in with tipp-ex?

Oh god you're a genius among men :smile:

As others point out, just get a little tub of paint, maybe get a few people to chip in, only takes a little dab and you can all share as its just 1 default colour in every room in halls.

Myself, I used masking tape, no marks, no fuss. And unlike cellotape I can take it off my pictures and things and it doesnt rip and ruin them :smile:
Complain to the Student union. They have charged you rent to live there for a year and that rent should have covered wear and tear - it is not unreasonable that during that year you put posters up. Challenge the charge
Original post by Dabossette
Complain to the Student union. They have charged you rent to live there for a year and that rent should have covered wear and tear - it is not unreasonable that during that year you put posters up. Challenge the charge

You know what man, I think 7 years after this thread was started, the OP might have moved on from the situation by now.
On the back of the blu tack packet it says to use chewing gum remover to remove the marks
Original post by Yeah12345
On the back of the blu tack packet it says to use chewing gum remover to remove the marks

from my experience if you use orange/green frog tape that can be bought from any good hardware store ie B
Using masking tape is genius, can't belive i never thought of that. Will definitely be using it this year ahah
Original post by zogreeny2
Using masking tape is genius, can't belive i never thought of that. Will definitely be using it this year ahah

Fwiw - a thin layer of hairspray sprayed on the paint will usually “seal” it enough to prevent it from absorbing grease. Needs to be thin so it doesn’t look shiny and dry so that you can stick things to it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending