The Student Room Group

Women are "smaller, weaker and less intelligent" so must earn less.

A Polish nationalist member of the European Parliament may be punished after he said women "must earn less than men because they are weaker, smaller and less intelligent".

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-39152562

Video here:
http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/03/europe/polish-politician-remarks-women/

Makes me wonder if old, weak, men should also get paid less? :holmes:
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

The Spanish woman who clapped back is my new hero.
Fallacious
they don't get paid less. It takes a quick google search and a bit of common sense to find that the gender wage gap in the western world is a myth.
Reply 4
Original post by Colorplause
Seems to me like you can't accept basic biology? Males are proven to be physically superior to Females. Political correctness can only go so far. How far would it be to pay men and women the same amount if a man can do 2x as much work?

The guy looks about 65, so old men should get paid less?
Original post by Sabertooth
The guy looks about 65, so old men should get paid less?

If it was a manual labour job, then yes.
Reply 6
Original post by .( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).
FFS they don't get paid less. It takes a quick google search and a bit of common sense to find that the gender wage gap in the western world is a myth.

Read the article. He says women should get paid less, no mention of whether they do or not.
Reply 7
If it was a manual labour job, then yes.

He isn't restricting this to manual labor jobs.
Original post by .( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).
FFS they don't get paid less. It takes a quick google search and a bit of common sense to find that the gender wage gap in the western world is a myth.

Evidently this guys wants it to not be a myth, also what is your definition of the western world? I'm not sure all of Europe has no gender wage gap.
The same guy who did this.

[video="youtube;CNUFpvW2fv4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNUFpvW2fv4[/video]

Hardly someone we should be paying attention to.
Original post by Sabertooth
A Polish nationalist member of the European Parliament may be punished after he said women "must earn less than men because they are weaker, smaller and less intelligent".

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-39152562

Video here:
http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/03/europe/polish-politician-remarks-women/

Makes me wonder if old, weak, men should also get paid less? :holmes:

This comment doesn't shock me, even though I definitely disagree.
Seems to me like you can't accept basic biology? Males are proven to be physically superior to Females. Political correctness can only go so far. How far would it be to pay men and women the same amount if a man can do 2x as much work?

Employers hire people who can do the job. They don't hire people and then determine their salary depending on how much work they do.
I'm quite sure he is but as usual, the BBC paints its own picture to fit its agenda. I think women should get paid less as men are physically and mentally superior.

I mean,
would you rather see a Male Doctor or a Female Doctor?
would you rather go to a Male mechanic or a Female mechanic?
would you rather go to a Male technician or a Female technician?

Even if that was objectively the case, shouldn't that be evaluated on an individual basis?
I'm quite sure he is but as usual, the BBC paints its own picture to fit its agenda. I think women should get paid less as men are physically and mentally superior.

I mean,
would you rather see a Male Doctor or a Female Doctor?
would you rather go to a Male mechanic or a Female mechanic?
would you rather go to a Male technician or a Female technician?

this is the most odd argument ive seen
wouldn't you want the job done to a good standard instead of caring about their gender
Original post by Cherub012
Employers hire people who can do the job. They don't hire people and then determine their salary depending on how much work they do.

Get a male to build a wall, then get a female to build a wall. Guess who'd do it in the shortest time?

Females don't deserve the same wage
Original post by AishaGirl
If I saw a woman building an extension on my house I'd run for the hills.

Exactly
Get a male to build a wall, then get a female to build a wall. Guess who'd do it in the shortest time?

where is your proof
building a wall does not show the capabilities of men and women

You still don't believe that ability should be evaluated on an individual basis?

The woman.

The guy won't turn up and when he does, he'd do f all then he needs to leave early.

A boss of a firm of builders told me he'd even had to drive over to a guy's house to get him out of bed to do his paid apprenticeship with the firm.
Original post by AishaGirl
If I saw a woman building an extension on my house I'd run for the hills.

why?
because of their gender
it should be excepted now in this day and age seeing as we are living in the 21st century where equality between men and women has developed since past centuries
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending