The Student Room Group

Women are "smaller, weaker and less intelligent" so must earn less.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Colorplause
Men are smarter (proven by science)
Men are stronger (proven by science)
Men are faster (proven by science)
Men have more stamina (proven by science)

Science doesn't make way for political correctness, sorry....

Science also doesn't make way for religion :biggrin:
Get a male to build a wall, then get a female to build a wall. Guess who'd do it in the shortest time?

Females don't deserve the same wage

You, the employer, set the date you want it built by. If they don't do the job, you fire them.
Are we really having this discussion right now in 2017? Women are not any more inferior to men than men are to them. We have strengths and weaknesses just like they do. This is pure ********, really.

Show us all this proof then.

shouldn't both males and females be assessed individually
some women are stronger than some men
and why would you say men are smarter when the majority of pass rates in schools are female
and like i said wouldnt you rather have a job done to a good quality than care about the gender of an individual
Very funny but of no real consequence.

What I find interesting about this story is this:

The parliament's president is investigating whether Janusz Korwin-Mikke broke the body's rules with his remarks to fellow MEPs.
The rules ban defamatory, racist or xenophobic language or behaviour.

Penalties for such behaviour range from a reprimand to a fine and temporary suspension, the parliament press office told the BBC.

This is too much. He is an elected representative and he was expressing his political views in a political chamber.
Seems to me like you can't accept basic biology? Males are proven to be physically superior to Females. Political correctness can only go so far. How far would it be to pay men and women the same amount if a man can do 2x as much work?

You're the worst attempt at a troll I've ever seen lol
How about this: anyone who can't benchpress 300 kilos will earn less than 75% of what those who can. That ought to shut you idiots up.
Original post by Coup d'état
We are not living in the 20th century you absolute numbskull.

But to address your point, equality under law doesn't change biology. Men are and will always be physically superior.

it was a typo and dont call me a numbskull you ignorant human being
(edited 7 years ago)

Are you going to cite your sources or what?
And what is this talk about 'Men can do this' and 'Men are more XXX than women'.
There are women who are FAR superior to you femmelettes on TSR with regards to physical strength. Moreover there are women who are FAR superior intellectually that you idiots on TSR and I'm sure they won't be hard to find.
Original post by Sabertooth
A Polish nationalist member of the European Parliament may be punished after he said women "must earn less than men because they are weaker, smaller and less intelligent".

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-39152562

Video here:
http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/03/europe/polish-politician-remarks-women/

Makes me wonder if old, weak, men should also get paid less? :holmes:

This statement is very offensive and doesn't really make sense, if someone is smaller or weaker or less intellgent but is still doing work equal to or better then someone else shouldn't that mean they put more effort into it and should be payed more?
Now for the wording itself smaller? I've seen men smaller then me
Weaker? As in physical? Women are sometimes stronger mentally and physically due to the double burden thing they have to deal with.
As I've said before less intellgent?
Say there was a male surgeon and a female surgeon. They've both done degrees in medicine and postgraduate study in surgery. So I would say they have equal intelligence.
Original post by D.SHA64
it was a typo and dont call me a numbskull you ignorant simpleton

>Doesn't know what century we're living in
>Has the audacity to call someone a simpleton

Original post by Willy Pete
Show us all this proof then.

The Smartest Humans in this world are all males.
The Fastest Humans in this world are all males.
The Strongest Humans in this world are all males.

Why do you think men and women are separated during the olympics? It's because men would make women the laughing stocks.
The Smartest Humans in this world are all males.
The Fastest Humans in this world are all males.
The Strongest Humans in this world are all males.

Why do you think men and women are separated during the olympics? It's because men would make women the laughing stocks.

No sources only opinion.

Try again.
Original post by Coup d'état
>Doesn't know what century we're living in
>Has the audacity to call someone a simpleton

shall i change it to something you can understand
let me do that for you
and i said it was a typo i hope you can read properly
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Matilda612
This statement is very offensive and doesn't really make sense, if someone is smaller or weaker or less intellgent but is still doing work equal to or better then someone else shouldn't that mean they put more effort into it and should be payed more?

No? You don't get paid for your effort, this isn't school. In the real world you get paid for your economic output.

I agree with your last point, though.
TFW you forget how the nature of labour and productivity has changed over the past 70 years.

FeelsBadMan
Seems to me like you can't accept basic biology? Males are proven to be physically superior to Females. Political correctness can only go so far. How far would it be to pay men and women the same amount if a man can do 2x as much work?

Women are not intellectually inferior to men, so what about non-physical work?

Seems to me like you can't accept basic psychology.

Wrong. Science doesn't "make way" for political correctness yes, but its essential principle is the search for truth. You are persistently going completely against that.

I agree that women are physically less capable than men, but they are not cognitively less capable.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending