The Student Room Group

Women are "smaller, weaker and less intelligent" so must earn less.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Willy Pete
No sources only opinion.

Try again.

Baroness Susan Greenfield is one of Britain's best-known female scientists; she's a professor of neurophysiology at the University of Oxford, she expressed her concern that only ten per cent of science professors in this country are women. (source)

So why's that? Men and Women are entitiled to the same education, so why are only 10% of science professors female?

The women were approximately 52% and 66% as strong as the men in the upper and lower body respectively. The men were also stronger relative to lean body mass (source: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8477683)
Original post by Colorplause
Baroness Susan Greenfield is one of Britain's best-known female scientists; she's a professor of neurophysiology at the University of Oxford, she expressed her concern that only ten per cent of science professors in this country are women. (source)

So why's that? Men and Women are entitiled to the same education, so why are only 10% of science professors female?

The women were approximately 52% and 66% as strong as the men in the upper and lower body respectively. The men were also stronger relative to lean body mass (source: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8477683)

That is one source, good start.

What do you think the average age of a professor is?

Education hasn't always been equal.
Original post by Twinpeaks
Women are not intellectually inferior to men, so what about non-physical work?

Seems to me like you can't accept basic psychology.

Well, depends what type of non-pyhsical work.

For the usual taff (customer support helpline, office job, supermarket manager etc.) the wage should be equal.

For more mentally intensive jobs (scientists, medical researchers, teachers etc.) males should earn more.

For the usual taff (customer support helpline, office job, supermarket manager etc.) the wage should be equal.

For more mentally intensive jobs (scientists, medical researchers, teachers etc.) males should earn more.

Please justify your opposition to individual assessment.
Original post by _gcx
Please justify your opposition to individual assessment.

Wastes time

Males are not cognitively superior to women, so no, they shouldn't.

If you're going to ignore science, then at least use your sorry self as testament to this.

There is a lot more to do with career success than intelligence. So your above example proves absolutely nothing.

I can't be bothered to explain to you the gender differences in intelligence, because I've done it one too many times on this site. I expect someone else will soon enough.
(edited 7 years ago)
Wastes time

Why? Shouldn't we always assess a candidate's competence before assigning roles or jobs of any kind? Assessments are present for a reason.
I understand the biological side , women do have smaller builds and less muscle. However, saying women are less intelligent is stupid. Stupid men exist , stupid women exist , smart men exist and smart women exist! Let's not generalize someone's intelligence based on their gender. You do know that women are the most successful within our education system ? Anyone who can get the grades and qualification to do a certain job is entitled to do that job and the pay that comes with it. Who cares if your doctor is female , she has a medicine degree, what do you have? Oh yeah a bunch of ignorance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Males are SUPERIOR, end of discussion.

If we were equal, we wouldn't have been able to oppress you for thousands of years, would we?

All of you are bragging about how women are just as great as men... ironically posted from a computer (male invention), on the world wide web (male invention), using a keyboard (male invention), a mouse (male invention), Wi-fi (male invention), all powered using electricity (surprise....male invention).

If women are so great and equal, why are over 90% of inventions attributed to males? Britain couldn't be any more gender neutral if it tried, yet only 10% of science professors are female and only 6% of engineers are female.
Not, I agree, a particularly politically correct statement, but it is true that men are physically stronger and more capable than women. Intellectually, I think it's pretty equal.

Btw just because men have a biological advantage in terms of strength and coordination doesn't mean that that makes women inferior . . . women have different advantages, e.g. they tend to be more sociable/connected to friend groups, softer, and more nurturing.

Why if there were able to get in that job it suggests that the women are as just as smart and qualified as the men so why should they paid less. Should we half Marie curies achievements due to the fact she is a woman.
Reply 51
Punishing him for his comments is anti-democratic. I hope they won't.

And being named "Janusz" is already a lifetime punishment. :tongue:
Original post by tennysons_maud
Not, I agree, a particularly politically correct statement, but it is true that men are physically stronger and more capable than women. Intellectually, I think it's pretty equal.

Btw just because men have a biological advantage in terms of strength and coordination doesn't mean that that makes women inferior . . . women have different advantages, e.g. they tend to be more sociable/connected to friend groups, softer, and more nurturing.

Woooow, women skills are so superior.... I mean who cares if men are FASTER, STRONGER, SMARTER, TALLER.... Women are more sociable. Damn, females are obviously superior.

I mean, the fact that 90% of science professors are male and 94% of engineers are male doesn't mean much, right? It's all just sexist propaganda
Reply 53
Original post by D.SHA64
why?
because of their gender
it should be excepted now in this day and age seeing as we are living in the 21st century where equality between men and women has developed since past centuries

She still lives in the 7th century.
Woooow, women skills are so superior.... I mean who cares if men are FASTER, STRONGER, SMARTER, TALLER.... Women are more sociable. Damn, females are obviously superior.

I mean, the fact that 90% of science professors are male and 94% of engineers are male doesn't mean much, right? It's all just sexist propaganda

No one's superior. Men and women are co-dependent.
Original post by tennysons_maud

Men are stronger, but that's only on average and dependent on what type of strength you're talking about. Women are more resistant to fatigue, hunger and disease. Furthermore, there are many women that can lift stronger and run faster than their male counterparts.

That whole argument yields no merit. Everyone should be judged on their ability not their gender. To suggest otherwise would be, quite simply, wrong.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Conceited
Men are stronger, but that's only on average and dependent on what type of strength you're talking about. Women are more resistant to fatigue, hunger and disease. Furthermore, there are many women that can lift stronger and run faster than their male counterparts.

That whole argument yields no merit. Everyone should be judged on their ability not their gender. To suggest otherwise would be, quite simply, wrong.

Yup, women and men are equal. That's why men were able to oppress women for centuries. That's why the majority of inventions are attributed to males. That's why the majority of discoveries were by males. That's why males account for 94% of engineers in Britain. That's why the smartest humans of all time were male. That's why the strongest humans are all male. That's why the fastest humans are all male.

Great feminist argument 10/10 for opinion 1/10 for logic

Social equality is one thing but biological equality is another thing. Men are superior in pretty much every way.
Males are SUPERIOR, end of discussion.

If we were equal, we wouldn't have been able to oppress you for thousands of years, would we?

All of you are bragging about how women are just as great as men... ironically posted from a computer (male invention), on the world wide web (male invention), using a keyboard (male invention), a mouse (male invention), Wi-fi (male invention), all powered using electricity (surprise....male invention).

If women are so great and equal, why are over 90% of inventions attributed to males? Britain couldn't be any more gender neutral if it tried, yet only 10% of science professors are female and only 6% of engineers are female.

Do you not know anything about gender inequality in the past? Hmm let's think about why all these great inventions from the past were invented by men? Oh that's right, it's because women were not allowed to be successful in education in the past and the education system was very gender bias. I agree with you for modern day inventions as we now live in a society where the education system is equal so really the split should be equal. Since the 90s women have overtaken men in education and continue to do so every single year , maybe in a couple of decades there will be more female scientists and inventions by women etc. Now would you please stop being so far up your own a*** simply because you have a Y chromosome and please tell me what great things you have done for this world as a man? I'd be delighted to hear about your own achievements, rather than you defending yourself using others. I'm pretty sure there are many women who are far superior to you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Men are smarter (proven by science)
Men are stronger (proven by science)
Men are faster (proven by science)
Men have more stamina (proven by science)

Science doesn't make way for political correctness, sorry....

Men are not smarter. Girls are out performing boys in every stage of education. Go online and google statistics. You are a waste of space!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending