The Student Room Group

Women are "smaller, weaker and less intelligent" so must earn less.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Conceited
Men are stronger, but that's only on average (snip)

Exactly this. THANK YOU. I was reading through the comments and everyone's making blanket statements based on studies that found averages. Not all men are superior to all women. Yes, there is a slightly higher likelihood of a man being born especially strong than a woman. However, that doesn't mean that all men are born strong, or that all women are born weak.

Additionally, these arguments are all focusing on genetic advantages that are present from birth. They're ignoring the fact that development after birth varies widely depending on one's upbringing. If you find a baby boy and a baby girl somewhere and measure their muscle mass at birth, and predict their potential development, then you might find that the baby boy could potentially grow to be stronger as a man than the baby girl when she grows to become a woman. However, that won't necessarily happen. You simply cannot make judgements of someone's adult capabilities based on their genetic makeup. You might not ever make use of your body's full potential.

So no, men should not be paid more than women simply because we're men. We should be paid more if we possess greater abilities than our peers. Our genetic makeup should have nothing to do with it, because noone develops themselves to their full potential.
Original post by Colorplause
Quran (4:34) - "Men are in charge of women, because Allah hath made the one of them to excel the other"

Wait , now i understand why you're an absolute joke. You actually use religion as an argument , get a grip.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AishaGirl
If I saw a woman building an extension on my house I'd run for the hills.

You are a disappointment to women in the world. Delete your account.
[QUOTE="lulucoco98;70368270"]
If I saw a woman building an extension on my house I'd run for the hills.[/QUOTE

What a loser. Toxic you are

This, I would agree on.
She's always going on about being a good Muslim and all isn't she?
>cover up
>no flirting, etc
>you're a bad muslim (she says to other people)
Yet she degrades her and her sisters here?
Very weird.

Shalom, oy vey, good goys :smile:
[QUOTE="Seleucidan;70368356"]
Original post by lulucoco98

This, I would agree on.
>cover up
>no flirting, etc
Very weird.

I know. Should be removed. Don't know what gives people the authority
Yup, women and men are equal. That's why men were able to oppress women for centuries. That's why the majority of inventions are attributed to males. That's why the majority of discoveries were by males. That's why males account for 94% of engineers in Britain. That's why the smartest humans of all time were male. That's why the strongest humans are all male. That's why the fastest humans are all male.

Great feminist argument 10/10 for opinion 1/10 for logic

Social equality is one thing but biological equality is another thing. Men are superior in pretty much every way.

Hitler , is that you ?
He was an ******** but she could've chosen to destroy him intellectually in a calm manner instead of engaging in an emotionally charged finger waving flamboyant theatrical performance. Not impressed.
Crazy, old fool. :lol:
Quran (4:34) - "Men are in charge of women, because Allah hath made the one of them to excel the other"

What if Allah, sorry, the men who interpreted his word and wrote it down, made a mistake?
Original post by ErinMei
Do you not know anything about gender inequality in the past? Hmm let's think about why all these great inventions from the past were invented by men? Oh that's right, it's because women were not allowed to be successful in education in the past and the education system was very gender bias. I agree with you for modern day inventions as we now live in a society where the education system is equal so really the split should be equal. Since the 90s women have overtaken men in education and continue to do so every single year , maybe in a couple of decades there will be more female scientists and inventions by women etc. Now would you please stop being so far up your own a*** simply because you have a Y chromosome and please tell me what great things you have done for this world as a man? I'd be delighted to hear about your own achievements, rather than you defending yourself using others. I'm pretty sure there are many women who are far superior to you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Instead of talking about the future, why don't you address present time...

1919 In Britain the Sex Disqualification Act allows women to become lawyers, vets and civil servants. The Women's Engineering Society is formed. - Yet only 6% of engineers are female

You can't apply this to people who are not religious so ur done for
Original post by Willy Pete
Show us all this proof then.

Original post by BasicMistake
Are you going to cite your sources or what?

don't know bout cleverness but are you guys srsly denying that on average men are stronger, musclier and faster than women ? what next, are u gonna ask for proof that men have penises and woman have vaginas ?
Original post by Seleucidan

This, I would agree on.
>cover up
>no flirting, etc
Very weird.

I'm simple saying I would not have confidence in the work being done. Perhaps if I saw more women builders it would generate confidence.
I'm simple saying I would not have confidence in the work being done. Perhaps if I saw more women builders it would generate confidence.

Goooooot eeeem!
Thanks for the reply, goy!
Here's your (you)!
0.00001 shekels have been donated your account!
Males are SUPERIOR, end of discussion.

If we were equal, we wouldn't have been able to oppress you for thousands of years, would we?

All of you are bragging about how women are just as great as men... ironically posted from a computer (male invention), on the world wide web (male invention), using a keyboard (male invention), a mouse (male invention), Wi-fi (male invention), all powered using electricity (surprise....male invention).

If women are so great and equal, why are over 90% of inventions attributed to males? Britain couldn't be any more gender neutral if it tried, yet only 10% of science professors are female and only 6% of engineers are female.

"If we were equal, we wouldn't have been able to oppress you for thousands of years, would we?"

Do you have the same opinion on race? If this is your general opinion towards minorities being oppressed throughout history, then I find it very worrying.
Instead of talking about the future, why don't you address present time...

1919 In Britain the Sex Disqualification Act allows women to become lawyers, vets and civil servants. The Women's Engineering Society is formed. - Yet only 6% of engineers are female

The sex discrimination act wasn't until 1975 and the equal pay act wasn't until 1970. Also the tripartite system was used up until around the 1970s in which female students had to obtain a higher mark than their male peers to get a place at a Grammar school. You also ignore stigma and stereotypes that women would of had to deal with pursuing careers as such in the past. Stop making out it was just as easy for them

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sabertooth
A Polish nationalist member of the European Parliament may be punished after he said women "must earn less than men because they are weaker, smaller and less intelligent".

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-39152562

Video here:
http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/03/europe/polish-politician-remarks-women/

Makes me wonder if old, weak, men should also get paid less? :holmes:

Now I know you're half polish too...

Flipping heck -_- depressing or what, but tbh because of Catholicism having quite a strong grip on the country just means that people fall into the pattern of being quite backward/conservative in line with old religious teachings. But seems that people are loud and clear about not tolerating this kind of backward attitude as can be seen from the backlash from this goons comments.
Reading this thread, I am truly thankful for the feminists whom fought tooth and nail for gender equality. Cheers to them. There are still some people whom hold barbaric views though
Original post by Twinpeaks
Males are not cognitively superior to women, so no, they shouldn't.

If you're going to ignore science, then at least use your sorry self as testament to this.

There is a lot more to do with career success than intelligence. So your above example proves absolutely nothing.

I can't be bothered to explain to you the gender differences in intelligence, because I've done it one too many times on this site. I expect someone else will soon enough.

I'm glad you brought this up. Chess is a fantastic example of clear cut indisputable evidence that men are better thinkers than women (generally speaking).

Chess is not a physical sport yet it is still divided into male and female championships, why might this be? It's because the women would get absolutely destroyed by the men. The current world number 1 womens grandmaster is Hou Yifan sitting at 2649. There are over 120 males who surpass her elo, with the mens grandmaster Magnus Carlsen (incredible player) sitting at 2838. This elo gap is massive!

Also women can get their grandmaster title at 2300 elo whereas men have to reach 2500 for their grandmaster title.

If men and women were truly equal at an intellectual level, why would chess be separated and different in these ways?

I seriously hate feminism.
I'm glad you brought this up. Chess is a fantastic example of clear cut indisputable evidence that men are better thinkers than women (generally speaking).

Chess is not a physical sport yet it is still divided into male and female championships, why might this be? It's because the women would get absolutely destroyed by the men. The current world number 1 womens grandmaster is Hou Yifan sitting at 2649. There are over 120 males who surpass her elo, with the mens grandmaster Magnus Carlsen (incredible player) sitting at 2838. This elo gap is massive!

Also women can get their grandmaster title at 2300 elo whereas men have to reach 2500 for their grandmaster title.

If men and women were truly equal at an intellectual level, why would chess be separated and different in these ways?

I seriously hate feminism.

Feminism hates you
You just want validation from guys. So sad

Love yourself

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending