The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Most people would probably say you get a BA in Management Studies but my argument is that you get whatever you did Part II in, and you do 2yrs of Econ. so have done half of Part II, then one yr MS?????
Reply 2
jamierwilliams
I am just inquisitive but what would degree would you get if, for example, your studied Economics for 2 years at Cambridge and then swapped tripos to Management Studies for 1 year, would you graduate with a BA in Economics or a BA in Economics with Management Studies (Final Year)?

You'd graduate with a BA. Cambridge does not mention the subject on your degree certificate or during the ceremony. For that matter, strictly speaking the degree isn't classed either; it is the exams that are. Thus in the example given you would graduate with a BA having achieved upper second class honours in part II of the Management Studies Tripos.
Reply 3
even though management studies is a one year course and does not really have a part two. My only concern is that employers would much rather hear economics than management studies!
Reply 4
jamierwilliams
even though management studies is a one year course and does not really have a part two. My only concern is that employers would much rather hear economics than management studies!

I've already posted in the other thread you submitted about this, but I'll do it again, this time with more detail.

You'd get the degree as OldMan states, although you'd probably put on your CV both your Part 1 and Part 2 results. If you're so concerned about management studies looking bad, why don't you... just not do it?

Latest

Trending

Trending