The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Applying for Mech Engineering Problem ???!!!!

Hi
I applied to do mechanical engineering at KCL last year but they told me this year that could not take me because I needed a btec diploma but i had btec certificate in mech eng. so i was then offered a place at kngston (my insurance) i live in south london it would be a problem going up there every day and i heard from my frends that accomadation is hard to get. i decided to do a foundation in kingston and then apply for kings college again. i have just started and found this forum and thought i mite see if anyone thinks i made a mistake

And if anyone does mech eng in KCL cud they tell me how it is like
yeh its great fun only problem is to less female students
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Hey
you mean there are less female in the course or as a university in a whole
Reply 3
i done a mechanical eng certificate too but also a vehicle technology certificate too and got onto staffordshires aero-automotive course
Reply 4
GodzSon
Hey
you mean there are less female in the course or as a university in a whole

From what I have seen, there are more girls in the uni as a whole, but I have heard from friends taking the course that there are very few girls within the course, as one would probably expect.
Reply 5
im my set, only 5 girls...the rest guys....
But you will have a gf...and you will spend all your time with her. And her name is MATLAB.
Reply 6
Im in my 1st year of engineerin and of a class of around 170 ppl, theres maybe 20 - 30 girls (jus a guess)
LOLL matlab

Latest