The Student Room Group

Kingston or Brunel?

I had an offer from kingston for mech eng but i did clearing too and i got a provisional offer for aerospace engineering

I love both mech and aerospace and dont mind doing any
I was just wondering which university is better?
Brunel is Russel group but its 2 hours away from me
Kingston is 1.5 hours away from me but isnt russel group

And the areas too? Are they nice? From pictures brunel looks quite nice.
Original post by KawsarAhm
I had an offer from kingston for mech eng but i did clearing too and i got a provisional offer for aerospace engineering

Brunel isn’t Russel group but is better than Kingston. As someone who lives in Kingston I know a lot about the uni, having done days there and gone to lectures. It is sh*t and a lot of locals like myself don’t even apply there.
Also Russel group is research intensity (focused on PhD students and lecturers) not teaching quality so it has no impact on your undergrad degree. Generally RG unis actually teach worse than non RG as the lecturers are so busy with their research to keep their jobs that they don’t care about undergrads.
Reply 3
Original post by Googley_eyes
Brunel isn’t Russel group but is better than Kingston. As someone who lives in Kingston I know a lot about the uni, having done days there and gone to lectures. It is sh*t and a lot of locals like myself don’t even apply there.

Thanks man big help
Thanks man big help

No problem. Good luck with your studies.

Brunel is not Russell Group but for engineering it has a stronger reputation then Kingston.

I hope your not planning daily commuting either 1.5 or 2 hours because that is far too long.
Hey, I can speak for Kingston as I've been there for 3 years now, the area is quite nice! There are multiple parks which you can cycle to from uni and the riverside is just a short 15 minute walk away, we do have a lot of nice shops and restaurants here especially with the Bentalls Centre.

Good luck with everything!
Amit - 2nd year Mpharm - Kingston Uni
Original post by Kingston University
Hey, I can speak for Kingston as I've been there for 3 years now, the area is quite nice! There are multiple parks which you can cycle to from uni and the riverside is just a short 15 minute walk away, we do have a lot of nice shops and restaurants here especially with the Bentalls Centre.

The bentalls centre is overcrowded and mostly sells clothes. Trust me, I’ve lived in Kingston my whole life. Parts of the waterfront are nice but also often quite busy in the nice spots. The uni is really close to the shopping high street so that is a huge plus, but also a distraction if OP isn’t super disciplined. There a lots of clubs so a good night life if Covid doesn’t impact this. But again, the degree quality comes first and Brunel is better in most ways. Kingston has a LOT of art students and OP doesn’t want to do that, their engineering department isn’t as good as it was 20 years ago.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Kingston University

would u recommend pharmacy at kingston and what do they offer?

Quick Reply

Latest