The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

mangomaz
Great opinion muso :p:

Smilernuts - I think its inconsiderate in the sense that it seems they havent asked everyone living there whether they mind the kitchen being used as a smoking base. The decision to make a communal area smoking/non smoking should be made by everyone living there.

Yeah, fair enough, I can accept that. Anyone here that's gonna smoke always clears it with the rest of us just out of courtesy, even though we already agreed it's alright as long as you aint blowing it in non-smokers faces. If they've not talked about it and come to a decision then that's not fair.
I've been at uni since September and haven't seen drugs...yet :P I don't think the people I have met are into 'em so :smile: Don't worry!
It entirely depends on the people you meet. At Sussex in my first year I lived with people who did a lot of drugs, and then started joining in myself. I enjoy recreationally taking drugs today when the situation is appropiate, and with regards to drug laws I'm very liberal (I'm really not trying to boast here, there's nothing worse than people going on about how many drugs they took where and when... it's just a part of my life, I don't try to force people into it). While our uni supposedly has a no drugs policy this has never been enacted upon, although I have seen police around occasionally at raves held on our campus (although this is as much for public order purposes as anti drugs purposes). If you get arrested for doing drugs at Sussex, you are either very unlucky, or exceptionally stupid to get caught.

In my experience the people who lived with us who weren't doing MDMA or ketamine or whatever were still fine with us, there were no anti-drugs people as such, just people who didn't do them. Live and let live I guess.

If people have any sense they shouldn't pressure anyone into doing anything anyway, that's just common courtesy.
there are so many different people at uni its not a kind of 'pressure' thing, certain circles of people do drugs and some don't...depends which group you're in really! i've seen quite a lot of it in sheffield, doesn't bother me really although it did surprise me at first seeing people whip out a bag of coke on the dance floor! i'm not into it myself but don't have a problem with people who are into drugs.

Latest

Trending

Trending