The Student Room Group
Ha all I can say is - GET IT IN FOR THE JANUARY SUBMISSION (UNFINISHED OR NOT).

I left mine till a week before the deadline for June submission and ended up with a D for that unit. Even if its unfinished get your teacher to mark it and submit it for January - if you get a crap grade it will likely be one hell of a motivator for you to improve it for the June submission. If that's not enough, just think yourself lucky that you get to effectively "write your own exam paper", and aren't doing the "Business Thematic Enquiry" written-exam alternative to the coursework!

Also make sure you don't lapse into a "Nice little investigation on a business" mind-frame instead of actually putting some hard BUSINESS STUDIES theory into it - get in your SWOT Analyses, Critical Paths etc. Always think to yourself when reading through your project - 'DO I SOUND LIKE I HAVE STUDIED A-LEVEL BUSINESS STUDIES or am I doing a nice little Year 9 project into Company X?'

Make sure any made-up financial information is plausible. Don't forget to put in your Tables of Contents, Page Numbers etc. (I forgot to!)

Also: beware the "Further" A2 option modules - I got a D in January and a U in June for Further People :frown:
Reply 2
Thanks alot for your reply!

I will most certainly aim to get this in for January, i'm doing my project on the Sainsbury's Delicatessen department in my local store because I work on their I should be able to access some finance and stuffs for the department.

I'm up to the Questionairre so far! :rolleyes:

Latest