The Student Room Group

whats up with teachers anyways?????

I cant for the life of me wonder why my school make such a big effort to moan and complain about not enough of y13 doing ucas forms when all along.... i literally find myself having to beg for them to just take a look at my form and statement.

I fell like ... HELLOOOOOOOOO!! I sent my form just over a week ago- why hasnt it been looked at yet?????

this is tres unbecoming.:confused: :mad:
well.... you are from ilford!!! what were you expecting.... :wink:

(i was born there btw, before you get actually offended)
Reply 2
lol it's the same here, except my tutor is doing a lot to help and I'm just waiting for my reference to be added.
Reply 3
Yay Ilford :biggrin: I live near there.

Hopefully by next week your teachers will have more time, after the Med/Vet/Oxbridge deadline has past. :smile: Just keep bugging them about it, that's what I did :p:
I know what you mean, my tutors at college didnt actually get around to mentioning UCAS to us until Jan/Feb time - and that was only because another student on our course started his.
Be thankful your staff have enough about them that they are actully starting early.
my head of year isn't even going to START writing my references until late Oct/early Nov, even though this year we only have around 10 applying for med/vet/dent/oxbridge, so there's no reason for this damn laziness. AAAAAAAARGH I feel like punching him
Reply 6
My college can't send my form off yet because "the system for references isn't working yet". Buh?
Reply 7
sparkly_woo
I know what you mean, my tutors at college didnt actually get around to mentioning UCAS to us until Jan/Feb time - and that was only because another student on our course started his.
Be thankful your staff have enough about them that they are actully starting early.

I'm intrigued - you mean they somehow collectively forgot? Or just expected you to take the initiative?
Reply 8
Wewere quite lucky when i did mine, it was the teachers pertering us.
Hmm, I completed my PS almost a month ago and had all references except chemistry.... I'm still waiting for that reference... and have 4 days in which it must appear.
I bugged my college counsellor everyday since Ucas accepted school registration(sept), until he made me the ginea pig of the year to be registered into ucas first. I also bugged my referee everyday until he wrote my reference. I made 4 different teachers chck my PS and physically stood behind my college counselor to watch him send my ucas off. I was the first one to have the thing sent :P
Reply 11
My tutor wouldn't help me with my bloody PS at all. And when I gave it to her, I got it back like a week later and I don't think she'd actually read it!! She certainlly didn't give me any helpful advice or comments on my PS, she just said "yeah, it's good" - of what use is that!!
By chance my tutor is my long-standing favourite English teacher! And I'm applying for an English degree...so it worked out OKAY. But I'm just scared that I'll have entered something incorrectly...not sending it off till 17th oct...

Latest

Trending

Trending