The Student Room Group

teacher doesn’t teach??

hi i’m american and i’m in 8th grade (Year 9 as yall would call it, i did my research) and one of my teachers just doesn’t teach anything in his class, like he just tells us to read the textbook and spends the rest of the time scrolling on his phone, and he’s gone like half the days, so we often have a substitute, and on those days we don’t learn anything. i mean i like having some free time but it’s starting to affect my grades, me and a lot of kids i know failed a test because we weren’t prepared. the next semester, me and my friends took turns asking questions about the material, but he gave a vague answer and then started ranting about his fiance. he mostly just tells us to take notes. and that’s it. what do i do yall help
Original post by Anonymous #1
hi i’m american and i’m in 8th grade (Year 9 as yall would call it, i did my research) and one of my teachers just doesn’t teach anything in his class, like he just tells us to read the textbook and spends the rest of the time scrolling on his phone, and he’s gone like half the days, so we often have a substitute, and on those days we don’t learn anything. i mean i like having some free time but it’s starting to affect my grades, me and a lot of kids i know failed a test because we weren’t prepared. the next semester, me and my friends took turns asking questions about the material, but he gave a vague answer and then started ranting about his fiance. he mostly just tells us to take notes. and that’s it. what do i do yall help

I am year 12 aha but have u told your parents about this?
Reply 2
Original post by emmanuella16
I am year 12 aha but have u told your parents about this?

no but theres nothing that they can do really and they would probably just start yelling and blaming me for failing the test :/
no but theres nothing that they can do really and they would probably just start yelling and blaming me for failing the test :/

You could just try I mean your putting effort and really trying then it’s not ur fault
Reply 4
You could just try I mean your putting effort and really trying then it’s not ur fault

thank you ur very kind…guess ill just go with it this year, anyways my grades don’t matter until im a freshman
thank you ur very kind…guess ill just go with it this year, anyways my grades don’t matter until im a freshman

Oh thanks 😊
But what’s freshman sorry idk rlly know the American school system

Oh thanks 😊
But what’s freshman sorry idk rlly know the American school system

I looked it up and it’s our equivalent of year 10

Truthfully you’re lucky you only have one teacher doing this. Most students have multiple. All you can do is independent work. My parents have made complaints about teachers over and over again, but it does nothing. It’s just something you have to put up with. Just hope the teacher chooses to leave at some point.
Original post by chrysks
I looked it up and it’s our equivalent of year 10

Okay 👍🏾 yh u will have to probably put with the teacher till he decides leaves (hopefully soon 🙂 )

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending