The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

BCU or London Met?

Hi everyone, I am holding uncondional offers from both the universities for Business Administration and International Bus Management (3rd year entry) respectively, but I have been confused about which uni to join, keeping in mind graduate prospects and student life, as both the unis fall around the same rankings.
Being an international student, its quite hard for me to decide, any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hardly matters... you'll be wasting your time and money regardless.
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by jambojim97
Hardly matters... you'll be wasting your time and money regardless.

You mean to say its not worth joining any of these two?
I really dont have any other options, i am a diploma holder from Singapore and I am looking to complete my graduation as soon as I can and so far these are the only 2 unis I have an offer for.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Puneesh
You mean to say its not worth joining any of these two?
I really dont have any other options, i am a diploma holder from Singapore and I am looking to complete my graduation as soon as I can and so far these are the only 2 unis I have an offer for.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm afraid so :frown: They're both very poorly ranked universities and career prospects are equally poor for their graduates. You'd be better of doing something else, maybe something vocational. Because if you pay the international student fee at BCU or London Met then you're just going to waste a lot of money when you could be earning instead.
Reply 4
I'm afraid so :frown: They're both very poorly ranked universities and career prospects are equally poor for their graduates. You'd be better of doing something else, maybe something vocational. Because if you pay the international student fee at BCU or London Met then you're just going to waste a lot of money when you could be earning instead.

Thats too bad :frown:
Any advices on other better universities offereing top up courses in business?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Out of interest what are the stats you are relying on for his course and international students?
Original post by Puneesh
Hi everyone, I am holding uncondional offers from both the universities for Business Administration and International Bus Management (3rd year entry) respectively, but I have been confused about which uni to join, keeping in mind graduate prospects and student life, as both the unis fall around the same rankings.
Being an international student, its quite hard for me to decide, any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

London Met is one of the worst universities in the UK - it ranks at 110 in the country for business. BCU is at 95.

See the complete university guide

https://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings?s=Business+%26+Management+Studies
Original post by 999tigger
Out of interest what are the stats you are relying on for his course and international students?

Rankings of course...
Original post by Puneesh
Thats too bad :frown:
Any advices on other better universities offereing top up courses in business?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Universities in the Russell Group.

Or the top 40 in the Good University Guide league tables.
Rankings of course...

You have rankings for his course?
You have rankings for courses that will allow third year entry?
Universities in the Russell Group.

Or the top 40 in the Good University Guide league tables.

And what happens if he doesnt have the grades or more likely not many are willing to let him transfer to 3rd year for top up?
Original post by Puneesh

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Look - don't be too despondent - Kent do a top up course, as do Brighton and Oxford Brookes - all better universities that the ones you have mentioned. Just type into Google top up business third year entry
Original post by 999tigger
And what happens if he doesnt have the grades or more likely not many are willing to let him transfer to 3rd year for top up?

Open University.
Open University.

Do you know if they allow direct entry onto the 3rd year based on the OPs criteria?
Reply 14
Original post by squeakysquirrel
Look - don't be too despondent - Kent do a top up course, as do Brighton and Oxford Brookes - all better universities that the ones you have mentioned. Just type into Google top up business third year entry

I am waiting for the outcome from brighton yet, its been more than a month now, also kent wont accept me into the third year obv because of my grades (C+) and the course offered by brookes is not available for tier 4 visa requiring students and other unis being bournemouth, coventry, sunderland wouldnt be worth either i guess.

Maybe i will wait for the response from brighton or else might go with london met itself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Provided London met has higher graduate prospects.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Puneesh
I am waiting for the outcome from brighton yet, its been more than a month now, also kent wont accept me into the third year obv because of my grades (C+) and the course offered by brookes is not available for tier 4 visa requiring students and other unis being bournemouth, coventry, sunderland wouldnt be worth either i guess.

Maybe i will wait for the response from brighton or else might go with london met itself.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do not go with London Met - it is a terrible university and you might as well st fire to your money
Reply 17
Original post by squeakysquirrel
Do not go with London Met - it is a terrible university and you might as well st fire to your money

I wouldnt wanna live in birmingham, when i can live in london. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
I will choose brighton if they accept me, no matter how the place is, as the uni would be far better than any i could ever get in

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending