The Student Room Group

is my lnat essay bad?

So this is the lnat essay i wrote in the real exam. the question was something like “should people be imprisoned before committing a crime through use of technology?

1. intro: i defined that i understand technology as either artificial intelligence or advanced psychological assessment. introduced a simple thesis (don’t remember exactly what it was but it was based on my first two arguments)

paragraph 1: technology could be wrong. absolute certainty is not attainable. used an example of a medicine that was initially approved but turned out to have unpredictable side effects.

paragraph 2: law system would need to change. “innocent until proven guilty” would no longer be valid, it would be impossible to defend yourself against this imprisonment, dangerous to civil liberty and democracy.

paragraph 3: counter argument to “the safety of society is more important than the well being of individual”. Feelings of individuals reflect on the society. Some groups could be more targeted by the technology and as a result some groups could live in fear of false accusations, which would reflect negatively

Finished with a conclusion that summarised my points and provided an outlook that such questions might become increasingly relevant with the improvements in artificial intelligence technologies.

I applied to UCL but i’m worried that my lnat essay is the weakest point of my application. I know no one can really say for sure but do you think (based on the plan) it is much worse than the average? I wrote like 650 words if i remember correctly.
Original post by aloexo
So this is the lnat essay i wrote in the real exam. the question was something like “should people be imprisoned before committing a crime through use of technology?

1. intro: i defined that i understand technology as either artificial intelligence or advanced psychological assessment. introduced a simple thesis (don’t remember exactly what it was but it was based on my first two arguments)

paragraph 1: technology could be wrong. absolute certainty is not attainable. used an example of a medicine that was initially approved but turned out to have unpredictable side effects.

paragraph 2: law system would need to change. “innocent until proven guilty” would no longer be valid, it would be impossible to defend yourself against this imprisonment, dangerous to civil liberty and democracy.

paragraph 3: counter argument to “the safety of society is more important than the well being of individual”. Feelings of individuals reflect on the society. Some groups could be more targeted by the technology and as a result some groups could live in fear of false accusations, which would reflect negatively

Finished with a conclusion that summarised my points and provided an outlook that such questions might become increasingly relevant with the improvements in artificial intelligence technologies.

I applied to UCL but i’m worried that my lnat essay is the weakest point of my application. I know no one can really say for sure but do you think (based on the plan) it is much worse than the average? I wrote like 650 words if i remember correctly.

I’d say bar the fact that u didn’t rlly provide a rebuttal for ur counter (I hear they like that structure) it seems really good! Wouldn’t worry abt it 😁

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending