The Student Room Group

MSc in Comp Science -> should I mention having another MSc in Political Science?

hey guys!

I graduated top of my class in 202X with a degree (BSc) in Computer Science from a British university. Since then, I have been studying part-time for an MSc in Political Science at a well-known university in Europe (Why? Because I like to spend portions of my personal time in a constructive manner, even if it's not necessarily directly related to Computer Science ). I'm focusing a lot on my 4 years of professional experience (software security - over 3 organizations - decent experience overall) and my bachelor's degree. The only point from my MSc in Political Science that makes it relevant is that my Master's thesis is related to Computer Science. I will graduate in Autumn 2024, and I would like to start my Master's degree at Oxbridge from that time.

In the first semester of my Political Science MSc, I achieved an Upper Second-Class grade, and in the second semester, I achieved a First-Class Honours grade. I still have two semesters remaining in this program. Considering my grades and the relevance of my Master's thesis to Computer Science, should I mention this ongoing MSc in Political Science when applying for the Computer Science program at Oxbridge?

Or should I keep it as low key as possible?

Considering solely my computer science experience, it appears quite strong, with industry certifications, experience in well-known organizations, and a few smaller awards.
(edited 9 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending