The Student Room Group

Edexcel IGCSE maths paper 3HR May 2017

Scroll to see replies

guyssss
the paper was slightly difficult, even for me - and I normally get As and A+'s!!
i think i remember the age mean question:
oldest girl is 25.
the youngest boy is 18 (or 19, but i think he's 18)
Original post by Futurechemist

my reaction would be similar, but I'm not gonna copy you:biggrin:
Original post by cookiemonstaXD
guyssss
the paper was slightly difficult, even for me - and I normally get As and A+'s!!
i think i remember the age mean question:
oldest girl is 25.
the youngest boy is 18 (or 19, but i think he's 18)

That was hard :frown:
Original post by PLAGUEISTHEWISE
That was hard :frown:

:bl: the 4HR paper better be much easier than this!
GUYS WHAT WAS THE CONE HEMISPhERE QUESTION i got exactly 30 :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::argh::beard:
Original post by h.abed
The paper was so hard! idk how you people think it was easy. it was unlike any past paper. i messed up like half the paper :frown:

dude it wasnt that hard... u say that then get A+'s :tongue:
Hey guys! What are your thoughts on the topics for paper 4HR? I really hope they lower the grade boundaries because his was definitely trickier than the others! 😂😓
Original post by h.abed
r u Aminah or am i hallucinating :confused::confused:

oh idk AM I HEBA?
dude chill its me
Original post by HarshMach
Does anyone remeber the indicies question (2nd last) in the paper.

k=2^p - 1 where p is an integer > 1
N=k^2 - 1
Show that 2^p+1 is a factor of N

I am really struggling to prove this. I substituted K into N's equation and expanded then simplified but then I am not too sure what to do.
GUYS WHAT WAS THE CONE HEMISPhERE QUESTION i got exactly 30 :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::argh::beard:

same
Please may someone help with the final question where there was a rectangle and triangle which made shape ABCDE the area of the rectangle is 5. the traingle angle C is 120. the triangle sides are (x-3) and (x-2) we do not know the side which joins the triangle to the rectangle

show that S can be expressed in the form S=ax^2 + bx + c
please help
Original post by Catlover0161
same

ikr? but when i tried to 'plug in' that value to see if it 'checks out' it was not :confused: the same answerrr:K::argh:

The answer was 60. the radius is 30. the height was 2R, so u multiply by 2

Can anyone please tell me how did u solve the last question? i expanded everything and they got cut out. i was left with square root of Cos120 which is negative.

What was the p question and how did u solve it? the 2p one

how did u guys do the graph question where they told k>m and k=x and m=x. gradient 12. find k and m
okay i think i got something like that :biggrin:p question????oh for the k>m i got some really weird figures. like -0.5 and stuff.
Can we please make an unofficial mark scheme?
Original post by Sinister6807
The answer was 60. the radius is 30. the height was 2R, so u multiply by 2

Can anyone please tell me how did u solve the last question? i expanded everything and they got cut out. i was left with square root of Cos120 which is negative.

What was the p question and how did u solve it? the 2p one

how did u guys do the graph question where they told k>m and k=x and m=x. gradient 12. find k and m

I got k = 1, m = 0, I think it was right.
i agree. we srsly need one cuz 4HR is in a few days so what if a similar question comes????
i agree. we srsly need one cuz 4HR is in a few days so what if a similar question comes????

Does anyone have the soft copy or scanned images of the 3HR paper, please upload it or something, we can work out the answers together. Btw, what did you guys get for the simultaneous equation, I got y=2, x=2
Original post by Going2FailIB
Does anyone have the soft copy or scanned images of the 3HR paper, please upload it or something, we can work out the answers together. Btw, what did you guys get for the simultaneous equation, I got y=2, x=2

I had a copy of the markscheme until I deleted it

Quick Reply

Latest