The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Kupo_nut
By the way, who is Rosie? has she posted on this thread with a UKL pseudonym or is she someone entirely different?

Apologies for my n00biness!

If its an open invitation I'll be there, otherwise I'll gatecrash :biggrin:

Rosie aka Crana
Reply 41
amateurish
god, yes - i wouldn't have a gastroscopy again for that money!

Would you..?! When did you have one, and why?
Reply 42
figgetyfig
Who is invited? Has it been decided when and where yet? and who do I PM my details to (assuming I am allowed to come).

Am intending on planning a UKL formal hall too later on in the year for anyone who's interested.

Which college would that be in..? :confused:

PM details to Rosie or even myself (I'll pass all details on to Rosie nearer the time - I've built up a list of emails in case this site goes down long-term as I'm fearing it will)...
polthegael
Which college would that be in..?

Don't know, I'll be at catz but we'll talk nearer the time about where the best college to have it would be. I read that you can organise your own society formal halls, and a website I'm a member of had a formal hall last year at New hall which they said was a big success, so I thought it might be an idea.
118 118 Got ya numbah !

:smile: have mine at hand :biggrin:
Reply 45
Counterpoint
118 118 Got ya numbah !

#From Not-ting-ham to Not-ting-ham gate!!!!!!!!!!# :tongue:

G
Counterpoint
118 118 Got ya numbah !

:confused:
figgetyfig
:confused:

Lol... momentary lapse of randomness... I think I was saying, don't y'all forget to tell me bout the passoa !
I was thinking of starting to organise a party but thought it was a bit early. Sign me up anyway! I won't give out my e-mail address though, not quite yet.

PS Anyone know what has happened to Rosie? She's being uncharacteristically quiet.
Reply 49
You should form a little society! :smile:

The UK-L Cambridge Society and elect a committee! :biggrin:

Helenia for President!
Reply 50
gzftan
#From Not-ting-ham to Not-ting-ham gate!!!!!!!!!!# :tongue:

G

It's Nottingham to Notting Hill Gate :rolleyes:

I think we should wait until everyone's settled into Cambridge life before having the party - nobody knows (except me) how big their rooms are going to be, and how busy they're going to be. Once things have settled down, we can start planning it properly. If we can trust Rosie with the Passoa for that long...
polthegael
Would you..?! When did you have one, and why?

a few years ago i choked on a fish bone and it damaged my oesophagus. lovely ear, nose and throat man decided shoving a camera down my throat would help :wink: not the most pleasant experience, i must say!
Reply 52
Helenia
It's Nottingham to Notting Hill Gate :rolleyes:

I think we should wait until everyone's settled into Cambridge life before having the party - nobody knows (except me) how big their rooms are going to be, and how busy they're going to be. Once things have settled down, we can start planning it properly. If we can trust Rosie with the Passoa for that long...

Lol....whoops...well..now i know. And i think that's a good idea..having a full blown party the first time we meet might be a bit weird???

G
Reply 53
we'll try an arrange a smaller meet with maybe a few of us sometime during the week.....caffe nero springs to mind.
Reply 54
Willla2
we'll try an arrange a smaller meet with maybe a few of us sometime during the week.....caffe nero springs to mind.

Frappe Latte
*dies*
soooo....good.... :biggrin:
Reply 55
amateurish
a few years ago i choked on a fish bone and it damaged my oesophagus. lovely ear, nose and throat man decided shoving a camera down my throat would help :wink: not the most pleasant experience, i must say!

Poor you! Sounds nasty. I hate doctors and everything they stand for. One shoved his tube right down into my antrum by the pyloric sphincter and took a biopsy to test for some bitchy wee bacterium by the name of Helicobacter pylori or something like that.. The blasts of air to open my sphinters were just nasty and I started going into spasm :redface:
Reply 56
polthegael
Poor you! Sounds nasty. I hate doctors and everything they stand for. One shoved his tube right down into my antrum by the pyloric sphincter and took a biopsy to test for some bitchy wee bacterium by the name of Helicobacter pylori or something like that.. The blasts of air to open my sphinters were just nasty and I started going into spasm :redface:

So why are you becoming one then? :tongue:
Reply 57
Helenia
So why are you becoming one then? :tongue:

Get paid lots when fully trained? No shortage of employment? Get to wear a stethoscope? :wink:
Reply 58
Fluffstar
Get to wear a stethoscope? :wink:

You have no idea how true this is - it's easy to spot the junior doctors as they are all wearing their stethoscopes like some kind of badge of authority. And they all look down on me cos I'm a secretary, I feel like shouting "I'm one of you, dammit!"
Reply 59
Fluffstar
Get paid lots when fully trained? No shortage of employment? Get to wear a stethoscope? :wink:

These are some good reasons, thanx Kathy :smile:

You mised out the main ones though - I'm a sadist and want to inflict pain on people. I want to GIVE endoscopies - just not receive them! I also have a weird notion that being a doctor might impress people, especially being a Cambridge one (though, in reality, I imagine Cambridge ones are the worst (with Oxford ones) as we do less hands-on (laud the deity!)...

:smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending