The Student Room Group

How to get over failing driving test???

I posted in her a few weeks ago about failing my driving test. It was my first time and I failed at very last minute. On the way back to the test centre.
Now, I have another tomorrow and I just had a lesson and it went horribly wrong. My instructor says I'm a really good driver I just need confidence in myself because I'm more than capable of passing this test. I just feel like I've failed once so I'll never pass! If I fail this time I don't even want to go through it again!!
Reply 1
Hey, this should really be in Learning to Drive. Tagging @AngryJellyfish to get it moved for you :smile:
Original post by claire0217
I posted in her a few weeks ago about failing my driving test. It was my first time and I failed at very last minute. On the way back to the test centre.
Now, I have another tomorrow and I just had a lesson and it went horribly wrong. My instructor says I'm a really good driver I just need confidence in myself because I'm more than capable of passing this test. I just feel like I've failed once so I'll never pass! If I fail this time I don't even want to go through it again!!

Theres a thread somewhere on TSR about how mant times people failed, so its nothing new and the nice thing is you can do ti again in a very short space of time.

When you make mistakes just learn from them , then get back and do it again when you feel you are ready. Its better to fail now rather than make mistakes on the road. Other than learn, then the past is past so focus on the test in front of you and have some confidence and determination that you will pass.

Theres nothing wrong in failing as long as you learn and dont give up. If you dont wish to do it a third time, then make sure and focus this time. GL
What happened to cause you to fail?
Reply 4
Original post by claire0217

You have to pay attention to things in the distance so you are always on top of everything.

Also I told myself "This is the last time I'm gonna take my driving test so if I just push today I won't have to do it again" and it worked I passed first time, just believe in yourself, good luck
Reply 5
Original post by (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ
What happened to cause you to fail?

I changed lane on a roundabout when I panicked after he told me I went the wrong way. If I didn't change lane I would have passed.
Ironically I was over confident the first time which lead to my failure. I was very disappointed. When I passed second time round it was because I was more nervous. I only got 3 minors for over caution at roundabouts lol.

As for why you failed, just remember getting lost isn't going to score against you just so long as you do everything in a safe manner.
Reply 7
I did it. I passed. With just 2 minors!! I'm over the moon!!
I failed my test 4 times... gave up for a year and passed on the 5th time. I just decided not to care anymore, and I had no nerves. I was so so upset when I did fail, and felt like I'd never drive, but you just need to get on with it and keep trying! Once you pass its the best feeling ever :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Congrats! :dance:
I was almost passed but at a roundabout I try to move off to emerge in but soon another vehicle came and the examiner braked so harshly he said you had almost pass but ,,,,,,,, I just got a minor mistake on signal and a serious on observation
Original post by Singh manoria
I was almost passed but at a roundabout I try to move off to emerge in but soon another vehicle came and the examiner braked so harshly he said you had almost pass but ,,,,,,,, I just got a minor mistake on signal and a serious on observation

Please don't bump old threads.

And just try again because at the end of the day people who "nearly pass" wouldn't cope on their own - especially in your situation where the examiner braked harshly.
Original post by Singh manoria

Same situation happened with me at the roundabout. I was waiting for my exit to be clear and then out of nowhere a van came passing by very quickly as I emerged out and then the examiner pressed the brakes very harshly then I knew I had failed. Apart from that I only had 4 minors. I'm going to still continue until I pass but it's so disheartening when you fail. I did the test at 8am rush hour with 3 hours of prior driving which I started from 5 am in the morning with no sleep the night before due to nerves and sleep problems. I will try doing it later when it is more quite. I will never go for such an early test ever and make sure I have a good amount of sleep. Hope all the best for you and all the other drivers out there.
(edited 4 years ago)
I feel so devastated ,heart broken and horrible.I failed today for the second time I'm angry at myself I don't know if I can recover from this

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending