The Student Room Group

MA Social Work Written and Interview questions

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Amber2504
Hi there I have been called for a literacy at Middlesex what would I expect? Or what should I prepare on? Really need some hints as I really want to get in this uni, Thank you

Hi, look at the PCFs on the BASW website and maybe some legislation, Children Act, Human rights Act. There should be a past paper on the website if there isn’t then email them and ask for one.
Reply 21
Hey it’s pretty straight forward I did one last year, just make sure you get your grammer correct.
Reply 22
How did it go? How long did it take to get the result of t he litracy test? Please let me know. I had my litracy test last week and i am waiting for the outcome.
For which uni?
Reply 24
Middlesex university
Original post by joaat
Hi Guys,

I have applied for MA Social Work at the following University .

Royal Holloway University,

Goldsmith University.

Greenwich University

The University of Northampton.

I will appreciate , if I can have idea of what I need to prepare for the written test and interviews.

Help from anyone that has done written assessment and interview for MA Social Work will be useful.
I had an interview at Anglia Ruskin University in Cambridge and received a conditional offer for a MA in social work. We were given the writing piece to do a few weeks in advance but basically just had to watch a Channel 4 programme (8 mins) about children in poverty and summarise it plus answer a few questions (e.g. about the themes and role of social workers in relation to poverty). I'd suggest reading around what social workers do and maybe try and summarise a few articles. We had a group task where we had to discuss the same video in a group of 4 - this was easier than it seems. Just make sure to talk, but not too much because you don't want to take complete control! And ask other people what they think. For the interview, I was asked general interview questions (like why do you want to be a social worker) as well as how I think I did in the group task and written exercise and what I didn't do so well. They also asked how a social worker would show empathy. They don't expect you to know everything. Take a look at Social Work England and the professional standards but other than that just be yourself! Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest