The Student Room Group

Road to 100kg Bench

Scroll to see replies

This dude knows.
Original post by TheYearNiner
Nice mate I've also fallen behind due to exams and I hope my weights won't go down too far. I was almost gonna get 100kg bench

^^said in a different blog.

Update the blog then man!

What has gone on, presumably you've gained some bodyweight? What got you from 75 to pretty much 100? [training wise]
Original post by Gone Revising II
^^said in a different blog.

Update the blog then man!

What has gone on, presumably you've gained some bodyweight? What got you from 75 to pretty much 100? [training wise]

Meh, too much effort. Maybe in September
Meh, too much effort. Maybe in September

Hit 2 plates for the first time today, thanks to your insight - you were the single biggest reason to me reaching that feat - I think the extra stuff you have to provide should only be provided to your clients via coaching
Original post by UchihaMadara
Hit 2 plates for the first time today, thanks to your insight - you were the single biggest reason to me reaching that feat - I think the extra stuff you have to provide should only be provided to your clients via coaching

Don't know if your joking or not but that's great to hear :smile:
As of June 12th 2018 my stats are: 66kg same same height and 17 years old

Bench: 90kg 1 rep (2 weeks ago as I took a break due to studying)

Squat: 110kg 2 reps

Deadlift: I don't deadlift anymore

Shoulder press with barbell: 50 1 rep

My arms have grown roughly 1 inch or so and yeah I'll update maybe next year
Just went through thread. 60kg for 4x12 Press at 66kg for a "light day" raised me some eye brows. Good work if legit.
Original post by Enginerd.
Just went through thread. 60kg for 4x12 Press at 66kg for a "light day" raised me some eye brows. Good work if legit.

was on a smith machine.
Made it eventually...

Still 5'9 :smile:

67kg

Current 1 rep maxes as of 16/11/19 (12:44am): Bench: 100kg / Squat: 90kg for 6 / Deadlift: dont deadlift anymore
I know many bros that did/do predominantly bench. It's the only thing they care about. They basically train to hit a 1RM. One has had shoulder surgery, most just complain of rotator and shoulder pain. Many quit the gym eventually.

So not sure whether your back is equally as strong etc but like with everything in life, moderation and balance trump excess. 1RM are pretty useless in terms of iliciting adaption and changes in your body, not to mention injuries.

Still, well done. 100kg at your bodyweight is awesome.
(edited 4 years ago)
Made it eventually...

67kg

Current 1 rep maxes as of 16/11/19 (12:44am): Bench: 100kg / Squat: 90kg for 6 / Deadlift: dont deadlift anymore

I couldn't lift a weight to save my life let alone open the honey jar :colonhash: Well done to you :biggrin:
Tell me you have a video for us.

Given that your blog had been entirely devoid of content relating to the journey you definitely owe us footage of the destination lol
Made it eventually...

67kg

u made it!

i just hit 52.5 kg and im gassed. u should bulk gain some mass

also why dont you deadlift anymore
Original post by Gone Revising II
Tell me you have a video for us.

Given that your blog had been entirely devoid of content relating to the journey you definitely owe us footage of the destination lol

Yeah bro i'll definitely record myself doing it maybe next week and i'll post it. It's not 140, so nothing too amazing, but I only wanted 100
Original post by davesantana
u made it!

i just hit 52.5 kg and im gassed. u should bulk gain some mass

also why dont you deadlift anymore

I don't like deadlifts, however my lower back is alright from squats and something else...

I'll bulk when hell freezes over
Made it eventually...

67kg

also aiming 100 but last bench session 80kg 3x5 :5,5,4

any tips
Original post by Proxenus

any tips

Do a slow negative at 95-100kg once a week and get someone to help push it up.
Original post by Proxenus

any tips

Bench more. 3x a week, or add lots of Dips, DB pressing, accessories etc

Do variations to hit your weak points, eg Spoto press, CGBP
now go for 142.5kg bench if u were to bulk more, cause americans love going on about 315lbs bench :wink:
ofc try to increase ur squats too my g, gl (dunno if this is gonna help, but when I started doing heavy ass leg presses and romanian deadlifts my squats went flying)
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by kurro
now go for 142.5kg bench if u were to bulk more, cause americans love going on about 315lbs bench :wink:
ofc try to increase ur squats too my g, gl (dunno if this is gonna help, but when I started doing heavy ass leg presses and romanian deadlifts my squats went flying)

u know how to increase strength. My squats is falling behind. Could bench more than squat atm

Quick Reply

Latest