The Student Room Group

Can i claim to of got the highest mark in the country?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Also I can confirm from an email conversation with edexcel that due to the data protection act they do not offer grade rankings, but they did assure me given that 100UMS was 90+(75/80) Raw mark it was very likely to be "One of the Best" in any case, not least because I did route D, the only one without textbooks and the least taught version
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 101
could someone please explain what "BPSTIC" means?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply 102
Original post by lyanu
could someone please explain what "BPSTIC" means?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best Politics Student In the Country
Original post by mvpmb2020
I went to a private school for GCSE's and AS and was removed because of ADHD related problems including poor organisational skills and an inability to conform to their strict homework regulations, like proving you had done 3 hours a day
I was told to consider doing BTECS but had another crack at A levels at a local state school
My Politics Teacher really enjoyed hearing my opinions and after i started getting in the same kind of troubles i had at the previous school pleaded to the headmaster that i be given a chance.
I spent most of my time at home studying, able to sleep and live how I was comfterble, and soon gained a weird ability to hyper focus
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8496955.stm
Because I went from U's to 100% , it was a big deal for me. Because it was a bad underpeforming school, it was a big deal for them. Because my D in Chemistry stopped me from studying Politics at my Firm and Insurance choice, it ended up being a nice memory in a dark twist to my A level year
Because of the story the grade came from, I am keen to know what it is and is not. It might be an ego trip, but I don't think its a hugely deplorable one,
Also had a Physco mess with my head the whole year, was nice middle finger thing to shove in her face

You would have done far better to put all this on your first post than just asking for bragging rights
You may have received more well dones than people wanting to take you down a peg or two.
It is an achievement but it really doesn't matter if you beat the entire country or not
You proved to yourself you are capable and that is what matters most
As the parent of an aspie with ADHD I can see where you're coming from though
[video="youtube;1Bix44C1EzY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Bix44C1EzY[/video]
Reply 105
Original post by gnewton12
If it is a profound desire of yours to assert yourself as 'the most supreme' in the country, then it should be possible to contact the exam board for the results. However, although you may be a singularity with your grade in school, it does not necessarily mean that there not others who have not been awarded 100 UMS. You've done extraordinarily well, I must admit; the fact that the likelihood of anyone else in the UK having those marks is low, and may disappoint you further.
As a younger student, I received the highest grade in Science in my year (200+ teenagers). I was immensely proud of my achievement, of course.. but I did not tell those in my class, as I did not want them to perceive me as arrogant.
I suggest that you share with your excellent marks with your relatives and close friends, but do not promote yourself as ostentatious in any way. It's unlikely that it will benefit you further in the future from being able to make the statement 'I received the highest marks in the country', so in short terms, I personally would not contact the exam board.
Congratulations on your mark, however - you've achieved lots, and shall strive in the future if you continue to be awarded grades similar to yours in Politics.

oi stop pontificating it makes yer sound like a plumb
bragging about scores is unappealing. if i went around boasting about my rep-leader status people would not be impressed.
Reply 107
Original post by lafee
oi stop pontificating it makes yer sound like a plumb

Oi, correct your grammar; it'll hopefully get you somewhere someday.
Reply 108
Oi, correct your grammar; it'll hopefully get you somewhere someday.

I think my grammar is alright considering I got an 8 and a 9 in English.
Has no one yet told you about text speech? Perhaps not or perhaps you're just too damn autistic to relate.
Did you even know what pontificate meant? Probably not, so don't go round acting like a dictionary when there are plenty of words that'd baffle your tiny mind.
Reply 109
Original post by the bear
bragging about scores is unappealing. if i went around boasting about my rep-leader status people would not be impressed.

Precisely! If you are going to tell people your scores then at least be gracious and open minded to the fact there are probably loads of smarter kids
Reply 110
Original post by lafee
I think my grammar is alright considering I got an 8 and a 9 in English.
Has no one yet told you about text speech? Perhaps not or perhaps you're just too damn autistic to relate.
Did you even know what pontificate meant? Probably not, so don't go round acting like a dictionary when there are plenty of words that'd baffle your tiny mind.

Do you know what autistic means?
Reply 111
Do you know what autistic means?

from experience ive a general idea of what it is

anyway you just ignored every other point i made you saddo
Reply 112
Original post by lafee
from experience ive a general idea of what it is

anyway you just ignored every other point i made you saddo

In all honesty, I would call you a 'saddo' myself. Being completely ignorant of the fact that autism is a mental disorder (and not an term used to insult another stranger), I wouldn't exactly call you intelligent myself.

Quick Reply

Latest