The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Samio
Ha ha ... Not gonna waste my time havin' a stab in the dark at tonights team. Don't expect Torres to play though, I'll just say that.

You reckon? I'd at least have him on the bench. Chelsea will probably go ahead and play their big guns - Lampard etc. Since they've hit injuries with some key players, they won't want to field a weak team. Also, 2 defeats in the space of 72 hours is something they'll try desperately to avoid.

Torres is in great form, at least have him on the bench?
Reply 781
Synergetic
You reckon? I'd at least have him on the bench. Chelsea will probably go ahead and play their big guns - Lampard etc. Since they've hit injuries with some key players, they won't want to field a weak team. Also, 2 defeats in the space of 72 hours is something they'll try desperately to avoid.

Torres is in great form, at least have him on the bench?

He will probabily be on the bench and only used if we deperately need him I reckon. Babel will get 90 mins hopefully.

To be fair though, although I'd like to win the Carling Cup, I'm not really that arsed about it. I'd be more upset about losing to ANY of the teams in the League than losing against Chelsea in the Carling Cup.
Well the Americans probably dont know that the CC isnt that highly rated, any trophy is good imo, just for show, for them :p:
Might get Rafa more funds :biggrin:
Man of Constant Sorrow
Why not?
Because I think he's not good enough?

I just don't see what's good about him. I can't think of one good quality about him.

Ever since he arrived I had faith, that maybe he'll show something promising. But he hasn't. He only 'played well' when the whole team played well. Therefore, he didn't have to do much to look bad, as the rest of the team played good. I know he hasn't had much chances to play, which is probably self-explanatory. Its not normally like me to criticise Liverpool players; I normally back them all the way. But I've had enough of him this time.

What do you think?
Reply 784
%%%%%%%%ing hell.

Hope we go out and batter the %%%%%%%%ers to a bloody pulp. A chance of Everton in the semis or at Wembley? Yes please.

Some of my fondest memories as a red have been in the league cup.
%%%%%%%%
Reply 786
%%%%%%%%
Reply 787
farhan

I just don't see what's good about him. I can't think of one good quality about him.

Ever since he arrived I had faith, that maybe he'll show something promising. But he hasn't. He only 'played well' when the whole team played well. Therefore, he didn't have to do much to look bad, as the rest of the team played good. I know he hasn't had much chances to play, which is probably self-explanatory. Its not normally like me to criticise Liverpool players; I normally back them all the way. But I've had enough of him this time.

What do you think?
He's hardly had a game for us
I'd love to beat Everton in the final...
Just cos a friend is an Everton fan and id love to make fun! :biggrin:
Reply 789
farhan

What do you think?

From what ive seen of him at reserve level he really does stand out and awful lot there. He just hasnt seemed to be able to transfer that to the top level were he looks out of his depth, kind of like mellor. if he is capable of playing the way he does at reserve level for the proper team then he can be a quality left winger in the future, he has skill which few of our wingers do and he can beat a man or 2.
farhan

What do you think?

He's barely played & it's his first season. Plus, he was very much signed for the reserves with a view to working his way though. He wasn't some much hyped £20 million wonderkid left-winger, but LFC scouts have seen something in him. Plus, apparently he's been mint for the reserves, but I've barely seen them this season.
He's only 21 and cost under £2mil, a couple of seasons to work his way into it wont hurt?
Reply 792
Leto looks absolute %%%%%%%%e in my eyes.
jamlan
He's hardly had a game for us
Which I said was probably self-explanatory
I agree he has been good for the reserves from the games I've seen and needs to take the step up, but a quarter-final against Chelsea away isn't the game you risk to do so.
Samio
%%%%%%%%
Totally agree with you there mate
Reply 796
farhan
Totally agree with you there mate

:biggrin:
farhan
I agree he has been good for the reserves from the games I've seen and needs to take the step up, but a quarter-final against Chelsea away isn't the game you risk to do so.

What is the game then? They need to dive in the deep end at some point...
Well firstly, do you think a quarter-final against Chelsea away is a game we should risk? Seeing as he hasn't played particularly well for the first team.
farhan
Well firstly, do you think a quarter-final against Chelsea away is a game we should risk? Seeing as he hasn't played particularly well for the first team.

You'd rather Voronin than Leto? The gunshow will be on the bench anyway - I don't think he's gonna cost us goals, might not be uber creative like but he needs to play with the first team or near enough if he's ever gonna play well with them

Latest