The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

sarforaz
We should sell Crouch to whatshername who's obessed with him (the Chelsea fan)

epitomessence :cool:
izaldo
I'm sorry but you do not. Defoe is %%%%%%%%e, better than Voronin mind...

Well that was the point.

Though, he's a better goalscorer than Kuyt, Voronin, and Crouch. Also has a better career record than Torres. Defoe is not the best overall player (to say the least), but as a finisher he's top class. Still the best finisher at Spurs, as I've said for the last 2 years. If you had said Bent instead of Defoe I would be more inclined to understand your sentiments, particularly at 16m quid.
Reply 1582
Don't get me started on Bent :biggrin:
i'm sure there is a joke in there somewhere...

Comolli: I have 17 million, you need another striker.
Jol: Berbatov, Keane and Defoe each got over 20 last season.
Comolli: So you a need new one then?
Jol: haha. get bent.
Comolli: ok
Reply 1584
:hahaha:

Could you imagine Jol using such slang as 'get bent'? :biggrin:
Man of Constant Sorrow

:rofl:

Comolli is Arsene Wenger's mole at Spurs.

He really doesn't know what he's doing. Comolli is a proxy for board control over first team affairs. Should just give Ramos full control.
Man of Constant Sorrow

:rofl:
Reply 1587
Just got a warning for apparently "cheating" the swear filter and typing a naughty word without the letter "u" meaning it didn't get filtered. Genuine mistake yet I get a warning from a mod. lol
kpg
Just got a warning for apparently "cheating" the swear filter and typing a naughty word without the letter "u" meaning it didn't get filtered. Genuine mistake yet I get a warning from a mod. lol

No doubt you will be urged to work on improving your forum experience by not swearing, as it's not big and not clever :rolleyes:
Reply 1589
We need a right back. Arbeloa is good, I like him, but Finnan is absolute gash... in my opinion :smile:
loadmalz
We need a right back. Arbeloa is good, I like him, but Finnan is absolute gash... in my opinion :smile:

When did Finnan become gash? He's been Liverpool's best Actim indexer for ages. Super solid, never does anything wrong. Mr consistency.
Reply 1591
Man of Constant Sorrow
When did Finnan become gash? He's been Liverpool's best Actim indexer for ages. Super solid, never does anything wrong. Mr consistency.

Well, compared to the likes of many other right backs, he's absolute gash.
The kind of quality we don't need in a team that's to win the premiership, he's one of the first players i'd throw out in the transfer window. I know he's a defender, his job is to 'defend' of course, but that doesn't mean he's to stay back all the time, doing **** all when we're attacking.

Overall, he's too bogstandard in my opinion.
Reply 1592
lfc4life
Finnan is an underated part of alot of our attacks.

I often find he has so much space to run into, but just passes it straight to the CM. Then when he does get involved in an attack, he's not particularly fast and can't be very effective. We need a fullback that can run right down the wing and take people on... I wish we'd buy Alves, but that's asking a lot, or should I say, the pricetag is asking alot.
Finnan is one of the players I'd like to keep hold of.

He goes forward well and links up with whoever is playing ahead of him, his crosses and delivery is good and solid at the back.
Reply 1596
lfc4life
Yep Alves would be perfect, but very expensive. I wouldn't be bothered keeping Arbeloa, he's more than a suitable replacement considering the price we got him for.

I like Arbeloa a lot... Riise and his inevitable bloody hit from the edge of our own box, just pisses me off like, but I still like him as a defender..

Whereas Aurélio... can't judge him when he's constantly injured and out for half the season!

Given all this, I think we need a top-notch fullback, still!
Reply 1597
Farhan, good videos but if he could do a cross like that every game, i'd like him a bit more! Can I just say... wtf, did he just take that guy on? Finnan?!?
Reply 1598
Finnan is of my favourite liverpool players. Literally no other rb in the prem i would want over him, extremely reliable and composed. He is a major reason why our defense has been so good over the last few seasons. Only wish he was younger as his legs wont last him too much longer.
Reply 1599
finnan is reliable! have to keep him.
arbeloa looks quality as well.

its riise who is the problem. and aurelio keeps getting injured.

somebody solid who can play left back and centre back would do the trick.
hienze-esque

p.s i have a feeling torress may be rested against wigan

Latest