The Student Room Group
I'm doing it for coursework, althought sounds like this is an exam..
Anything more specific you want help me, 'help' is kind of broad and vague..
Reply 2
Anything which you feel will help me... i dont think i really understood the book so im reading it again..

Some great quotes which apply to many themes would be helpful to me i guess..
Also anything which you think would be good and useful would be much appreciated!
Sniperpirate
Anything which you feel will help me... i dont think i really understood the book so im reading it again..

Some great quotes which apply to many themes would be helpful to me i guess..
Also anything which you think would be good and useful would be much appreciated!

It's more beneficial if you do it yourself as it forces you to look through the text, but here's a couple of nice general ones I found. If you want more, just ask, but I've got to confess, this is my weakest paper!

"If I could banish...rend man invulnerable to any but a violent death!" p.23
"I saw how the fine form of man was degraded and wasted." p.34
"I was thus engaged, heart and soul in one pursuit." p.37
"I, too, can create desolation; my enemy is not impregnable; this death will carry despair to him, and a thousand other miseries shall torment and destroy him." (The murder of William)
"Hateful day when I received light."
"My vices are the children of a forced solitude that I abhor."

Got to love that book! :p:

By the way, if anyone has any past papers, I'd be eternally grateful.
Well seeing as i'm not doing exam frankenstein, i probably won't be of too much use, but i think chapter 5 is great for quotations that link to themes, especially betrayal and isolation. Also can be used to explain relationship between victor/creation and there is loads of symbolism and good language analysis so i'd recommend you look at that.
in a slightly more general point, look at the language Shelley has given to the creation to use and compare it with that of victor; examine the effect it has on the audience perceptions of both. Also, consider the reason why Shelley chooses to open her novel with the walton letters and the effect of this. In my [granted limited] experience of writing frankenstein essays, if you don't know that much about the actual content bit of the question, link it really heavily into the decisions of the author and languagey things.
I'd suggest that you tried to pick out some key themes and then rather than finding a thousand quotations which back up that theme, try and find a few interesting ones [ flexi- quotes, got to love them :P] which you can make an insightful comment about author's intentions/ way the language has been used as that will make your essay stronger.
Which part are you thinking you didn't understood?
Reply 5
Thank you for all the help everyone
For my AS I used this and got full marks in the Frankenstein module. Definitely recommended.
Reply 7
I hear Mary Shelley wrote a book about, pick it up and read it.

Latest

Trending

Trending