The Student Room Group

NEA coursework english lit - Frankenstein

For my coursework the pre 1900 book is Frankenstein, i wanted to compare it to A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini and i was thinking of gender or relationships, but my teacher told me that students usually get a B when they do that book? I'm struggling with finding a book to compare and i really wanted to do ATSS
Reply 1
does your teacher mean that people tend to get a B when exploring frankenstein or ATSS?

if they’ve advised you that one text tends to disadvantage you, id potentially heed that warning unless you’re very confident. you’re going to have to write a lot about it and you don’t want to get ‘stuck’ midway through because you can’t find enough to write about

if you’re struggling to find comparative texts, i’d potentially consider other ideas to explore or even other novels! for my coursework (granted, combined english rather than pure lit so we were comparing a literary and non-literary text) i went through about 5 different ideas and combinations of texts before i settled on my texts (The Secret History and a true crime podcast episode)
Original post by rwnsl
does your teacher mean that people tend to get a B when exploring frankenstein or ATSS?

if they’ve advised you that one text tends to disadvantage you, id potentially heed that warning unless you’re very confident. you’re going to have to write a lot about it and you don’t want to get ‘stuck’ midway through because you can’t find enough to write about

if you’re struggling to find comparative texts, i’d potentially consider other ideas to explore or even other novels! for my coursework (granted, combined english rather than pure lit so we were comparing a literary and non-literary text) i went through about 5 different ideas and combinations of texts before i settled on my texts (The Secret History and a true crime podcast episode)

My teacher meant ATSS! But I ended up not doing it because of how I didn't feel tooo confident and now i've written my first draft of coursework on Frankenstein and The Talented Mr Ripley. Thank you though for the ideas!!

Quick Reply

Latest