The Student Room Group

i am doing a third year for A level because of my bad results

i took general paper and biology as subsidiary and maths chemistry and physics as main. can you give me an advice on what to do because i have have of time and i don t want to waste any. my results were a distribution of b and c. so can i still achieve a* in my mains and a in sub? if so how do i do it? do work maximum past paper? should go to school to get help from my teachers? if you were a third year a level student who got really good results or you are experienced enough your help would be must appreciated.
Original post by farhaantt
i took general paper and biology as subsidiary and maths chemistry and physics as main. can you give me an advice on what to do because i have have of time and i don t want to waste any. my results were a distribution of b and c. so can i still achieve a* in my mains and a in sub? if so how do i do it? do work maximum past paper? should go to school to get help from my teachers? if you were a third year a level student who got really good results or you are experienced enough your help would be must appreciated.

1. You need to get your past papers and work out why you scored C instead of the grade you wanted. Get your exam papers back if possible.

2. Read the examiners reports.

3. Make a lost of areas you can improve in.

4. Improve your notes and revision materials. Consider if you need additional resources such as snaprevise or new revision books.

5. Practice exams, read mark schemes. Go from
Answering exam questions with books and not timed to
Answer without books and untimed.
Answer with books timed.
Answer without books and timed.

6. Plan your total revision from now till exam dates.
Reply 2
Original post by farhaantt

Can't make any comment on other subjects, but I did math and further math for my a level. My strategy would be to practice practice and practice, start from quickly revising all the topic in the textbook then move on to past paper, all those paper you can find online, do it, learn from your mistakes and do it again and again, after you've done all the past paper, do all the exercise in the textbook. I know it sounds a lot, but once you get the trick of different questions, it'll be a lot easier, and hopefully you find it enjoyable. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest