The Student Room Group

no motivation for anything.

I'm really struggling to motivate myself to do anything at the moment. I have loads of homework and revision to do, but all i want to do when i get home is to climb into bed and just sleep. i cant push myself to do anything i even enjoy, and am getting frustrated with myself and others. I dont know how to stop, i feel like im trapped in this cycle of wanting to get stuff done and not being able to do anything. should i be seeking help or am i just procrastinating to the extreme because i honestly cant tell anymore.
How old are you? Do you have stress or worries in your life? Try to make some time for things you enjoy. You can use this to motivate you - set something as a reward once you get your school work done.

If you finding a particular topic difficult, ask your teacher for more help. What about doing a homework/revision group session with friends? This might push you to do the work, and you could hang out with friends afterwards?
Procrastination is just like masturbation, all you are doing is cucking yourself.
Just seek a short-term goal of what you want to achieve and strive for it.
Try and do your homework and revision with a friend if you are both willing to commit to it, it should motivate you to do it or at least enjoy it.
I’m feelings like that everyday when I get back from school. What I do is given myself a time limit. Say from about 4 till 7 do as much as you can or anything that you need to do and then afterwards relax knowing youve done everything you can.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Twoteas
I'm really struggling to motivate myself to do anything at the moment. I have loads of homework and revision to do, but all i want to do when i get home is to climb into bed and just sleep. i cant push myself to do anything i even enjoy, and am getting frustrated with myself and others. I dont know how to stop, i feel like im trapped in this cycle of wanting to get stuff done and not being able to do anything. should i be seeking help or am i just procrastinating to the extreme because i honestly cant tell anymore.

This is the same as me..

I usually just try to relax for a bit and start later, so if i finish school at like 3 ill relax till 6 or play games or whatever then say okay its time to work. I probably procastinate until like 11pm before i actually start work then end up sleeping at 1.

I would say just find something to motivate you.. Research some careers and work towards achieving grades to get into your chosen career. Look at some unis and the grades they require. Watch some motivational speeches on youtube.. They help sometimes. Hmm, when revising try listening to music if it doesn't negatively affect your revision. Try taking a lot of breaks when you first start then gradually take less and less breaks. Find a friend to revise with. Create a timetable and reward yourself for following it.. Try to sleep earlier if you get home and your tired. If there was a time procastinating made you fail then use that as motivation
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest