The Student Room Group

Struggling...

Okay so I’m at college doing English Literature, English Language and currently photography.... but the photography teacher is nasty and the course in general isn’t appealing to me. It’s making me really uncomfortable and I’m getting really bad anxiety because of it.
I don’t want to do anything else other than my 2 English courses.... what do I do?
Drop photography, if you enjoy it that much then make up an independent portfolio.
Original post by del1rious
Drop photography, if you enjoy it that much then make up an independent portfolio.

Ive tried dropping the subject but theyve told me i have to do 3 subjects because I’m a full time student.... I only want to do 2 subjects but they won’t let men
Original post by anonymouscol
Ive tried dropping the subject but theyve told me i have to do 3 subjects because I’m a full time student.... I only want to do 2 subjects but they won’t let men

I had this issue when my school wouldn’t let me drop a subject. Eventually I got a note from my doctor where I was becoming so stressed and they let me do it. Is this something you could try?

Or could you switch it out to something similar like media studies?
You have to do 3 subjects to get government funding - pick up another subject or try a btec?
Original post by del1rious
I had this issue when my school wouldn’t let me drop a subject. Eventually I got a note from my doctor where I was becoming so stressed and they let me do it. Is this something you could try?

Or could you switch it out to something similar like media studies?

I’ll try with the note. The photography teacher is the teacher for all media related subjects so that’s not an option.. I’ll see what I can do
Original post by anonymouscol
I’ll try with the note. The photography teacher is the teacher for all media related subjects so that’s not an option.. I’ll see what I can do

Probably sounds like your best bet!! Good luck x

Quick Reply

Latest