The Student Room Group
You did Robert Peel? What exactly do you want to know?
If you're notes are rubbish go to the library and get out the old textbooks you worked with at AS.

Make a spider diagram of key areas you've studied and make them relevant to an individual question - since there are only a limited number of questions that could possibly come up and if you revise the right things and you do it properly you can make it relevant to any question. Condense your notes into key points (that if prompted you could expand on!)

If you struggle to make key points or expand on a point.... for example on the Corn Laws (although i'm sure you had this drummed into you as much as we did!) then look back at your notes and textbook and re-do notes to drum it in.

Writing key questions and their answers out on little cards can help you revise once you have finished revising a topic.

This website might be useful, we used it when we did Peel. Peel Web

Go through the key area's and try to make links between factors that could be used in a question.

Make sure you're aware of the factors acting on Peel and the wider political and economic situations and not just on Peel's actions (or lack thereof).

Timelines will probably save your life.... and so will Spartacus!

Be aware of historical perspective (although, as i'm sure you're aware this comes into play far more significantly at A2) so you can argue points more fully.

You're probably just flapping because of last years result, I was the same with my Ethics retake! Don't get complacent but it's not worth completely stressing yourself out over!

Otherwise, post here any bits you're not sure on and I'll see if I can find my old notes and help you out.
Reply 3
tHANKYOU so much...i made a timeline and its all starting to make sense as im trawling through...there is hope! thanks and good luck!!

Latest

Trending

Trending